My 2006 Mule deer buck

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
2.jpg

4-1.jpg

I know hes not a record book animal, but he is even bvetter than that for me.

Heres the story:

We decided to go looking for some whitetails for the upcoming season, uncle, sheldon andme. We were driving along the fenceline of grassland and stubble, and sheldon started shouting, "Mules, Mules!!!! BUCK! BIIIIG BUCK!!" Well, I almost filled my pants, he was a nice 6x6, but I wanted a non typical, so we decided to cut them off cause there was another 2 bucks in there. I got to a clearing, and saw two mule deer bucks, about 300 yards away. I mouth grunted, they stopped. I picked the taller one, and uncle said, "Hold high about 6 inches over his back, youll get him." Both of my shots went high, so I held almost dead on, and whispered, " Watch this!" I squeezed the trigger, and he fell like a rock! We ran up to him, thought he was dead cause we were poking him, and cut off uncle's buck, got a hold of dad, and got his doe. When we came to load him up about 30 m,ins later, he was gone!!!! He pushed himself almost200 yards using gonly his back legs cause mym shell went therough his front shoulders, I ran atround the bush, lined up a second shot. I squeezed the trigger, he spun. Dad ran over, tried to put another shell into him, but hit the left antler. We ran over there again, and slit the throat.

We later aged him at 9 1.2 years, so here's to a great hnting season, and poppin another old mulie buck!!!

Hope you enjoyed it. I took these pics with my phone so I had to go to a feriends place to get them onto photobucket, this weekend, Ill get some field pics up.

Have a good one

Latest posts