Murrays projects 2021

Help Support CattleToday:

A heavy worm load can take away the value of a lot of feed. Wormer is cheap compared to the amount of damage the worms can do.
Everything i buy gets a shot of injectable Cydectin.
I don't have any unfortunately. Guess I should start keeping that with me when I work em.

But! I've put it off long enough. She got a good dose of pour on just a minute ago. See if that helps...

I'm on the fence about putting some baytril or resflor in her. No temperature. And seems to be breathing well. Good solid poops. That dang white discharge in the mornings tho. Possibly a touch of ibr?

She is getting BEST Bermuda squares. And I went ahead and bought another bag of Purina precon starter feed. She's eating it very well

I don't have any unfortunately. Guess I should start keeping that with me when I work em.

But! I've put it off long enough. She got a good dose of pour on just a minute ago. See if that helps...

I'm on the fence about putting some baytril or resflor in her. No temperature. And seems to be breathing well. Good solid poops. That dang white discharge in the mornings tho. Possibly a touch of ibr?
Have you listened to her lungs and heart?

She is getting BEST Bermuda squares. And I went ahead and bought another bag of Purina precon starter feed. She's eating it very well
Remember what Lucky_P says. Pour on is good for lice and grubs but not much for worms.
Get a good injectable wormer and use it as soon as you buy them.

Remember what Lucky_P says. Pour on is good for lice and grubs but not much for worms.
Get a good injectable wormer and use it as soon as you buy them.
Interesting. Our vet claims some internal parasites such as lungworms are easier to kill with a pour on than lice are.

Interesting. Our vet claims some internal parasites such as lungworms are easier to kill with a pour on than lice are.
Knowing where they came from, I doubt anything in the herd has seen a drop of any kind of wormer in the last 10 years.....

Gotta be worth a shot!

Buddy of mine has been pouring anything he buys before it ever leaves the sale. I've taken to doing the same. Didn't do anything to this one because I figured she would be easy enough to do anything with in the pen if need be. I'm gonna start doing em all as well.

Our vets say if we pour twice a year we are ok. Have done it on some pastures where we don't have working facilities for years. Like everyone there are different views and opinions. We have never had any issues.

No wormer for this thing yet. She's quite batsheet crazy. She lives in trailer for a bit....
I DID get a kick outta her trying to smash everyone in the ring today.
225lbs
Purebred Brangus heifer.
View attachment 37185
Shes not trying to live up in the front end of the trailer like the other one?🤪

Latest posts