Murray calves in Oregon

Help Support CattleToday:

TwoByrdsMG

Reaction score
Did some AI this year and think most of them turned out nice.
[image]416[/image]
Two Byrds Hawkeye out of Twin Fir Black Powder

[image]421[/image]
Two Byrds Harmony Monique by HA McKinley

[image]420[/image]
Two Byrds Guinness Oct Steer

[image]419[/image] [image]417[/image]
Two Byrds Hollywood March 1 bull by our herd bull

[image]418[/image]
Two Byrds Hammerhead March 27 bull by our herd bull

[image]414[/image]
Two Byrds Princess Ivy, Angus heifer by SAV Brilliance out of Primo daughter

[image]415[/image][image]413[/image]
Waiting on 2 more. Black heifer is by WLE Uno Mas and 50% MG. Silver Cow is out of The Glen Manuel.

ClinchValley86 said:
Where could a guy find a MG bull in the southeast? Love y'alls animals. I want one.

We are in Oregon but I can recommend a few breeders closer to you:

Backbone is in FARMERS BRANCH, TX
Compass Creek is in COLUMBIA, KY
LIMESTONE RIDGE, SCHWARZERDE, GLENBROOK FARM are all in Indiana.

SCHWARZERDE has a bull sale on May 16 in Lagrande, IN. They are doing it by video but will allow people to view the bulls by appointment.

http://www.murraygreybeefcattle.com/stateindex.htm contact any breeder through this website. Or Hays from Backbone can be contacted through here.

[image]422[/image]
The 3 purebred bulls calves: Middle light silver Hollywood, Black bull Hawkeye

[image]423[/image]
Hammerhead stretched out a bit

[image]424[/image]
The 75% MG heifers out of our herd bull Frost.
These girls are on a different pasture keeping the green down. We just put tubs out so they start gaining again.

TwoByrdsMG said:
ClinchValley86 said:
Where could a guy find a MG bull in the southeast? Love y'alls animals. I want one.

We are in Oregon but I can recommend a few breeders closer to you:

Backbone is in FARMERS BRANCH, TX
Compass Creek is in COLUMBIA, KY
LIMESTONE RIDGE, SCHWARZERDE, GLENBROOK FARM are all in Indiana.

SCHWARZERDE has a bull sale on May 16 in Lagrande, IN. They are doing it by video but will allow people to view the bulls by appointment.

http://www.murraygreybeefcattle.com/stateindex.htm contact any breeder through this website. Or Hays from Backbone can be contacted through here.

Thank you very much

Had another heifer out of our herd bull, hubby named her Hannah. She is 75% Murray grey 25% Simmental (WLE Uno Mas).

[image]434[/image] [image]435[/image] [image]433[/image]

Updated Pictures of Hammerhead (3 weeks) and Hollywood (7 weeks) from the same sire:

[image]437[/image] [image]438[/image]

Seems like I always end up with a dynamite black bull- Two Byrds Kajun Man.

BW 76lbs and scrotal at 10 months is 28 cm.

This is an AI bull calf out of a first calf heifer. Attached is his dun colored dam who is due to calve the middle of next month.

Attachments

• Kajun Nov 2022.jpg
    Kajun Nov 2022.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Harmony Oct 2022.jpg
    Harmony Oct 2022.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 13
What breed is the sire? I'm assuming he's a half blood something? What are your plans for him? Cow looks great and he looks good for a 10 month old.
Purebred Murray Grey. Dam is dun colored and sire is dark grey. I am thinking of raising him up for a bull but blacks are the hardest to sell for Murray Greys.

It's kind of an oxymoron - "black" Murry "Grey" - LOL.
So, obviously the dam and sire only carried 1 diluter gene and neither one passed it on to this offspring. Well done.
Now, you can start a new breed. Murry Black!! I'm just joking. I guess you have had other black ones.

It's kind of an oxymoron - "black" Murry "Grey" - LOL.
So, obviously the dam and sire only carried 1 diluter gene and neither one passed it on to this offspring. Well done.
Now, you can start a new breed. Murry Black!! I'm just joking. I guess you have had other black ones.
Just four ever. We don't breed for black but he's too darn nice to castrate! I'll probably put him on a bull ration and take him to the regional show in Idaho next summer.

Remember, black is a dominant gene. Back in the 70's, I had black 1/2 bloods, so even though the breed wasn't black to begin with, you would play heck DNA checking for other breeds in my cattle. Yes, the black gene came from Angus, but our Black Simmental probably have as much Simmental DNA as the ones in Europe. Granted, there is still a lot of crossing currently, so some of the "new" herds would DNA more Angus.
Black Herefords are a new creation. I don't think they know what they have.
"Black" Charolais - they just sounds nasty! LOL

Latest posts