MS, TN, AL red cattle results

Help Support CattleToday:

i think i understand now. a black angus can be red and a red angus can be black :???:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Hardin Farms said:
OleScout said:
Red will cost you $0.10- 0.15 in NW MS.

Blows my mind. Same cow just red hide gets you docked. I was hoping the herefords were the only ones that got docked around here.

Your thinking is still correct. Build a nice herd of RA momma's and run a homo black bull over them so you'll get black haired calves. Take a few hit along the way, it'll be worth it in the end.

Thats the plan anyways. I have found a really nice RedA breeder in the Shelbyville area that i'm probably gonna buy a bull from. I would try out the gender select AI route, but i don't have the facilities for that currently and i still need some steers to generate a little revenue.

Hardin Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Hardin Farms said:
Blows my mind. Same cow just red hide gets you docked. I was hoping the herefords were the only ones that got docked around here.

Your thinking is still correct. Build a nice herd of RA momma's and run a homo black bull over them so you'll get black haired calves. Take a few hit along the way, it'll be worth it in the end.

Thats the plan anyways. I have found a really nice RedA breeder in the Shelbyville area that i'm probably gonna buy a bull from. I would try out the gender select AI route, but i don't have the facilities for that currently and i still need some steers to generate a little revenue.

Here "GOOD" Red Angus cattle that look like an Angus will sell right along with the blacks. One that look a little off will sell for less.

Latest posts