Mrs. Shrimp Salad Dressing.

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
One large container of sour cream, one jar of cocktail sauce, one dry Ranch dressing package.
Blend all together in blender, pour in a bowl mix one pound of cocktail shrimp.
She then refrigerates in jars.
This is a kick butt low carb salad dressing or can be used as party dip.

CB~ You forgot the horseradish. You posted this some time back and I've made it several times. It's plenty good! The only thing I haven't figured out is the "large" sour cream the 16 or 24 oz? I've tried it with both and I think the 16 oz is best.

slick4591":2xzoxa4z said:
CB~ You forgot the horseradish. You posted this some time back and I've made it several times. It's plenty good! The only thing I haven't figured out is the "large" sour cream the 16 or 24 oz? I've tried it with both and I think the 16 oz is best.

Well I am becoming senile what can I say.
I left off the horse radish as not everyone likes it as hot as we do.
She adds horse radish to taste in the blender.
I ask she uses the 16 oz size.

Sorry I forgot I posted this once it was so good last night just had to share again.

Did I ever post her squash hush puppies they are to died for.

CB, that does sound very good, going to give it a try, thanks for sharing the Mrs. Recipe!

J&D Cattle":ln1b1g4t said:
Caustic Burno":ln1b1g4t said:

Let's hear that one too CB. Got a fry coming up.

Shred the squash with equal amount of cheddar cheese into a bowl.
Salt and Pepper.
Add one egg and just enough flour mixed to together for a binder.
Drop them in the grease and hot diggity dog.

Caustic Burno":2qar91rb said:
One large container of sour cream, one jar of cocktail sauce, one dry Ranch dressing package.
Blend all together in blender, pour in a bowl mix one pound of cocktail shrimp.
She then refrigerates in jars.
This is a kick butt low carb salad dressing or can be used as party dip.
Sounds really good CB... may have to give this one a try!

Thanks for posting!

I have made Mrs. CB's shrimp dressing quite a few times ! :D We like it with the horseradish it gives it a big zip . ;-)

I have used salsa when in a pinch and out of cocktail sauce , it is pretty good too .

The squash puppies sound delish . Now I have to give that a go as soon as we can get some home grown summer squash . :tiphat:

Tell the Mrs. To keep them coming! My wife wants to try those hush puppies. :tiphat:

Alan":39t6m62i said:
Tell the Mrs. To keep them coming! My wife wants to try those hush puppies. :tiphat:

Both are really good at get togethers the salad dressing makes a great dip with chips.
The hush puppies she usually puts them on a platter with Armadillo eggs.

Being diabetic the hush puppies are my bread substitute a lot of meals.

Sounds like your wife is feeling better....:). I'm going to try both of those when I get back to town! I made some chicken salad out of the left over smoked bird the other day that came out pretty good. Used some powder ranch and chili powder with some oil and mayo and celery and onion. Just as good as a good one. It's good stuffed into a tomato. Thanks for sharing those treats.

Not being a fan of Ranch Dressing, do you have a substitute? i love the recipes, especially the cured meat and the smoked what ever. I have a bar b que hash recipe my mother used to make from south Ga (Early County). I think the group would enjoy it, especially Jogeephus.

Judge Sharpe":3nzuywqx said:
Not being a fan of Ranch Dressing, do you have a substitute? i love the recipes, especially the cured meat and the smoked what ever. I have a bar b que hash recipe my mother used to make from south Ga (Early County). I think the group would enjoy it, especially Jogeephus.

I don't see why you couldn't leave the ranch dressing mix out and add spices to your taste.

It tastes nothing like Ranch to me as it has its own flavor.

Judge Sharpe":2oojdqwq said:

Post the recipe, I'd love to try it.

Jogeephus":3r1rr9rs said:
Judge Sharpe":3r1rr9rs said:

Post the recipe, I'd love to try it.

Yup, I would love to see and try the recipe!

Caustic Burno":2huxhng9 said:
J&D Cattle":2huxhng9 said:
Caustic Burno":2huxhng9 said:

Let's hear that one too CB. Got a fry coming up.

Shred the squash with equal amount of cheddar cheese into a bowl.
Salt and Pepper.
Add one egg and just enough flour mixed to together for a binder.
Drop them in the grease and hot diggity dog.

Sounds good. I'll pass that on and try it.

Latest posts