Mrker for spot sprayer.

Help Support CattleToday:

JW IN VA":1dejzzd0 said:
For those who spot spray weeds in pasture,do you use anything in your spray tank to color the weeds you have sprayed? Seems like a good idea.
Someone should have an answer to this. I want the same thing. I even thought about using a bright orange food coloring.

kenny thomas":1fxapthr said:
JW IN VA":1fxapthr said:
For those who spot spray weeds in pasture,do you use anything in your spray tank to color the weeds you have sprayed? Seems like a good idea.
Someone should have an answer to this. I want the same thing. I even thought about using a bright orange food coloring.

I like the idea of coloring the spray.

I don't think the food coloring would have enough pigment. I wonder if there's something out on the market already?

I use brown. I start one one side of the place and just keep going until I get worked around to the other side, which takes about a week. By then everything I sprayed at my starting point is brown.

Workinonit Farm":27snyszb said:
kenny thomas":27snyszb said:
JW IN VA":27snyszb said:

I like the idea of coloring the spray.

I don't think the food coloring would have enough pigment. I wonder if there's something out on the market already?
There is your second million, I'm sure you already made your first million,

They make a dye, pretty inexpensive it comes in a shade of green, but a different tone thn the color of the grass. You can see what you sprayed.

I have seen a dye you could mix in your sprayer at Tractor Supply, but I have never tried it. Believe it was blue.

There's a blue dye comes in gallon jugs you can buy and add to the tank. To say that it strains your eyes to see it when you come back for the second pass would be a gross understatement.

Same one it's a blueish/green more designed for spraying yards with pre-emergent, they make it look close to green. Guess nobody wants a red or orange yard.

Fact is you'll spend more time debating with yourself whether or not a plant has dye on it or not than you do spraying/working.

ga.prime":272kbk8r said:
Fact is you'll spend more time debating with yourself whether or not a plant has dye on it or not than you do spraying/working.
I figure you are probably right. I'm on the third spraying this year now but I'm getting closer to getting it all. I find little spots or streaks I have missed before.

kenny thomas":1z13keas said:
Ol' 243":1z13keas said:
kenny thomas":1z13keas said:
M5 suggested just using the Blue pond dye, safe and much cheaper.

Who is he? . . . . . . . .He a poster on here? . . . . . . . . :lol: :lol:
Use the search feature dummy. He talked about this 2 years ago.

Talked about it today too :lol:

ga.prime":6dpt4mji said:
There's a blue dye comes in gallon jugs you can buy and add to the tank. To say that it strains your eyes to see it when you come back for the second pass would be a gross understatement.

Yep
I can't see the blue dye at all.
Imo the best way is to spray then come back in a few days and it'll be obvious what you missed.

I always wonder the same thing when I'm spraying, but I think by the time you were able to see the dye on the leaves, you'd be able to see the plain droplets just as well.

I've tried a lot of different type of dyes. RIT and laundry bluing mostly. Can;t see it. I go along with the come back in a couple of days approach

JW IN VA":5ihtjixj said:
Most folks around here that sell herbicides also sell a blue die to put in for that very purpose. I just mix spray strong enough what I sprayed will be wilted in a couple hours. :shock:

Latest posts