Mr Bush!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
untitled-4.jpg

I'm still waiting to see some of that oil come our way. So far, not a drop.

Jw,
Re:
I'm still waiting to see some of that oil come our way. So far, not a drop.
Not sure I know what you mean by that, as 60% of our oil is imported. :???:
How much more would you like to come our way? 100%???
SL

Sir Loin,

I'm with you on that. When will America reap the benefits of displacing Sadaam and "liberating" Iraq?
Let's face it- the US would not be fighting wars in the Middle East if their biggest export were oranges. We're there for oil - and to make sure idiots like Sadaam do not get control over all of the oil in the future.

Sugarman,

This thread if floating on thin ice as it is, so read this fast before it's deleted by the Mods.

Every year I get a Christmas card from both George H and George w (that should tell you something) and I can't tell you how disappointed I am in both of them. With leaders like that in Texas it ain't no wonder we TN volunteers had save their bacon at the Alamo. (dry humor)

I only wish both Georges fought as hard for the US oil companies right to drill in Alaska as we Tennesseans fought at the Alamo. I would have had a lot more respect for them if they had fought and lost instead of not fighting at all after they said they would.
I better stop there as I am also on thin ice!
SL

chrisy":2a6fm2a6 said:

Works for me. Sometimes I wish we would just go ahead and do all the stuf we are accused of. At least we would have something to show for it. (the way the world hates us) Maybe I'm wrong but I believe that if we hadn't gone in there sooner or later the Chinese would have had it(the oil)anyway. At least it's still available on the world market, so we can go broke buying it.

As far as going to war over oranges goes. Ir you car ran on them we probably would. May be nieve to believe otherwise.

Also no offense to you Chrissy but don't you have a government over there to critisize. Bush may not always be right but I admire him for having the courage of his convictions. He sure does not govern by whichever way the political wind is blowing at the time. Not many here could take the beating he has and stay true to their core beliefs.

Not looking for a fight just the way I see it.

Not the first we've fought over oil. Won't be the last.

Japan needed oil.
They attacked Pearl Harbor to eliminate the U.S. Pacific fleet so that they could take the oil wells in Indonesia/Phillipines.
So in essence we fought Japan over oil.

Mike,

Re:
Very true!
And when human power was the only source of energy wars were fought over that natural resource also.
SL
PS
Chrisy, don't let them get to ya! I still love you and I voted for Bush, twice.

MikeC":2ae2wfz8 said:

Japan needed oil.
They attacked Pearl Harbor to eliminate the U.S. Pacific fleet so that they could take the oil wells in Indonesia/Phillipines.
So in essence we fought Japan over oil.

It's a little more complicated than that but, yes, our oil embargo of Japan was a huge factor. They also needed rubber and someting like 90% of the world's natural rubber came from SE Asia at the time. Because of the embargo, their need for other resources, and the US opposition to Japan's invasion of China, Japan figured that war with the US was inevitable, so they decided to strike first to gain the advantage.

Just to add a little balance to this threat:
gore_cheaties.jpg

In the interest of fairness.
Well, I was interviewing Hillary Clinton the other day, and we came to the subject of her and Bill's sex life. I asked her "Hillary, is your sex life with Bill anything like what he had with Monica?", and she said "Well, close but no cigar."

Latest posts