Mower Caddy

Help Support CattleToday:

cowsrus

Reaction score
Last year i bought a krone easy cut disk mower and now im wanting a caddy for it. The dealer has a Stoney Point which looks well made, but unlike all the others i have looked at, the wheels are straight across instead of being offset. I don't know the reason for the offset and just wondered if anyone on here knew a reason for that. I know all the old pull type sickel mowers were like that, but i don't know why. Also an extra cylinder kit is avaliable, but not sure if i need that or not. Been told yes and no by different salesman at same dealer.

i was going to tell you to get a stoney point caddy.they are built to handle the extra weight of the krone mower.im surprised you didnt get the caddy last year when you bought your mower.

Yes i have looked at Lucas and a couple others. All the others have offset wheels and i'm just wondering which is best. Hate to buy one or the other without hearing from someone who has one.

How did the Lucas look....got any prices? Kinda looking my self but have not checked them out much.

Only one i priced was the Stoney Point and it was $3850 if i remember right. It is well made and sold by the Krone dealer.

With or without hydraulics. From what I understand the krone doesn't need the hydraulics but the Kuhn does. I have a Kuhn.

Price was without hydraulics. One guy at the dealer said i needed it and on a different day another salesman said i didn't need the hydraulics, if you don't get the hydraulic cylinder it comes std with a manual ratchet adj. that should work, but i'm kinda confused as to which way to go.

Here is what I was told..."It has to do with the lift cycle of the implement...on the claas and others, the skid point nearest the tractor lifts first and then folds. On the kuhn it doesn't lift first it just folds. The only time you usually use the lift is for mobile. It has a valve plumbed in line to prevent movement during work."

Sounds good, kinda like one of the salesman told me. He said something about lifting the mower when you are transporting it. I think i would rather pay a little extra and get the cylinder lift just in case i ever need it. I think some brands may come with the hydraulic cylinder as std eqip.

I know the Lucas does and it is built in Oklahoma and has the offset wheels not sure about the price but then I was told the straight axle was easier to cut with. Not sure what that means maybe it tracks better behind the tractor.

Both the Lucas and the Stoney Point are built here in Oklahoma. The Lucas is built about 30 miles from where i live and the Stoney Point is in Stillwell. I'm going to check on the wheel placement more. I'm sure both kinds work ok, but there has to be some reason for each way it's done.

Please post up your results...If you get a price on the Lucas please post that up also. I am looking but not in a hurry right now. There was one at the local auction last month that went for $4,000.00 but did not look at the manufacture. I think it did have the cylinder but I never really look at it much.

Called another dealer awhile ago and he sold the Lucas, but he also had the Stoney Point for sale and in stock. He said the reason for the straight across axles was for stability while transporting. He said that was about all they sold now. He also priced me one with a cylinder for $3200. Which is a lot cheaper than the other dealer for one without the hydraulics. I'm going over there monday and pick it up. They wanted $250. to hook my mower up so for that much i'll do it myself.

Could you PM me the dealer name and number. That is a lot cheaper than I have seen or heard of any where else.

Update: Bought a new Stoney Point today for $3250. Couldn't resist the price. I'm sure i will love it after wrestling with several brands of disk mowers over the years.

Keep us update on how well you like it. I got a price on the Lucas the other day $4200.00 no hydraulics. Looking at the SP on line they look like they might be built a little lite what do you think of the construction?

Latest posts