Move on Down to Texas Folks

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey, if you're moving to Texas and you want to be in some interesting timberland check out the lost pines area. You may find that you like it better than the big thicket.

ga. prime":1xx3j72u said:
Mine too, backhoe.

Pretty country but expensive to live there. Real estate is outrageously high in most areas due to large numbers of folks migrating there from the cities.

TexasBred":1z2x2aaz said:
ga. prime":1z2x2aaz said:
Mine too, backhoe.

Pretty country but expensive to live there. Real estate is outrageously high in most areas due to large numbers of folks migrating there from the cities.
A natural phenomenon in desirable environs. The Hill Country of Texas is one of the most desirable locations for homesteads in the USA.

Ryder":2i6n5532 said:
VanC":2i6n5532 said:
I thought about moving to Texas once, but I decided I'd miss football too much. :p

Besides, if I stay here, I'll soon become famous as the last surviving Republican in the entire state of Illinois.
Just hang on or move out.
But don't give in.

Not that you ever would.

You know, Ryder, you just put an idea in my head. I think I'll run in the Republican primary for governor in 2010. If I could get my wife, kids, and daughters-in law to vote for me, I'd be a lock. Everyone else will be voting in the other primary. Knowing I'm gonna get trounced in the general election, I'd be free to say anything I dam well pleased. I could be the Kinky Friedman of Illinois. Might even make the national news once or twice.

VanC":37g3vrrq said:
Ryder":37g3vrrq said:
VanC":37g3vrrq said:
I thought about moving to Texas once, but I decided I'd miss football too much. :p

Besides, if I stay here, I'll soon become famous as the last surviving Republican in the entire state of Illinois.
Just hang on or move out.
But don't give in.

Not that you ever would.

You know, Ryder, you just put an idea in my head. I think I'll run in the Republican primary for governor in 2010. If I could get my wife, kids, and daughters-in law to vote for me, I'd be a lock. Everyone else will be voting in the other primary. Knowing I'm gonna get trounced in the general election, I'd be free to say anything I dam well pleased. I could be the Kinky Friedman of Illinois. Might even make the national news once or twice.

Good idea.
Just qualify to run and act like you may get a few votes.
Then one of the other candidates will probably offer you a deal to pull out and not run.
At least I am told that is the way it works.
And here we have the very best politicians money can buy.

TexasBred":tio8tw2i said:
ga. prime":tio8tw2i said:
Mine too, backhoe.

I was gonna say, I can't afford to live there and I'm not even sure it would be a good idea, going where everyone else wants to go. Land prices have skyrocketed and they aren't going down in that area, and everyone wants to move there and put in a pool... If I moved anywhere, it would be to Oklahoma. That's some pretty country up there. Friendly folks, too.

Lammie":x3yuj80q said:
If I moved anywhere, it would be to Oklahoma. That's some pretty country up there. Friendly folks, too.

You better go soon. Texas is going to exercise its option to go independent, and you'll be an illegal in Oklahoma when that happens. Are you good at yard work? :lol:

TexasBred":3tdj9feg said:
twistedxranch":3tdj9feg said:
As that fella said on the movie Cheyenne Social Club.

"Wild horses couldn't drag me to Texas"

How about a "cute little filly"?? :lol2:
Back when I was young and dumb and well you know the rest I would work all week get off at 5 on friday night and drive down around Ponder Texas to see this sweet lil gal
then leave at midnite on sunday to make it back to work by 7 monday morning and my daddy tried telling me there were women just as good lookin in Mo but I wouldn't listen

made that trip for about 6 months then 1 week we got rained out on thursday and the boss called it quits for the rest of the week when I showed up at her house about around 9pm thursday nite there was another feller there and they were all cozy

I guess she dated him thru the week and me on the weekend

Angus Cowman":3m3mn884 said:
TexasBred":3m3mn884 said:
twistedxranch":3m3mn884 said:
As that fella said on the movie Cheyenne Social Club.

"Wild horses couldn't drag me to Texas"

Back when I was young and dumb and well you know the rest I would work all week get off at 5 on friday night and drive down around Ponder Texas to see this sweet lil gal
then leave at midnite on sunday to make it back to work by 7 monday morning and my daddy tried telling me there were women just as good lookin in Mo but I wouldn't listen

made that trip for about 6 months then 1 week we got rained out on thursday and the boss called it quits for the rest of the week when I showed up at her house about around 9pm thursday nite there was another feller there and they were all cozy

So what was the problem? :)

Tatertot":3vom13y7 said:
Angus Cowman":3vom13y7 said:
TexasBred":3vom13y7 said:

So what was the problem? :)
I was never much on sharing my toys :mad:

Angus Cowman":272u1wyu said:
TexasBred":272u1wyu said:
twistedxranch":272u1wyu said:
As that fella said on the movie .

"and the boss called it quits for the rest of the week when I showed up at her house about around 9pm thursday nite there was another feller there and they were all cozy

Something about this story reminds me of a somewhat similar experience a long time back.
Liked to have killed me. Life was no longer worth living.
Took me three days to finally get over that.

Ryder":cg3s05ee said:
Something about this story reminds me of a somewhat similar experience a long time back.
Liked to have killed me. Life was no longer worth living.
Took me three days to finally get over that.

If I recall correctly I believe I was over it by around 10 friday night with the help of a friend called
Jim Beam and a cute lil brunette

that was many moons ago

Heck now I am married to a gal from New Jersey (shhhh don't tell anyone)

Latest posts