Move on Down to Texas Folks

Help Support CattleToday:

Ok Frankie...tell us all something "wonderful" about Oklahoma besides the fact that my "2nd favorite" football team is from there. ;-)

Texans have a lot of pride, that's all. They have a lot to be proud of.
P1000832.jpg

I love Texas, but I think I'll just stay here.

rc690":11rlwu5e said:
HOSS":11rlwu5e said:
That's it! Im moving to Texas while I still don't need a Visa!!!! :cboy:

Second that!! :)
Why don't you see if you can catch a ride with HOSS. You can check his math on his rifle cartridge count while he's driving.

Caustic Burno":1qmwrjjq said:
There here.
Well I wondered when the circle flies would show up. You know the little ones that circle a horses butt.

You do hate it when a grown up shows up, don't you, Caustic? :lol: :lol:

All that hot air and the truth is Texas is probably more dependent on the US Government than any state except Alaska. Indiana, Michigan, Illionis, would all love to get just one of those defense contractors in their state. You can ask those folks around Fort Bliss how things are going since they moved the Air Defense School up here to Fort Sill. And, BTW, things around there are booming. New homes and apartments everywhere, new businesses opening up. Lots on construction the post to house the school.

TexasBred":3gmk7pxa said:
Ok Frankie...tell us all something "wonderful" about Oklahoma besides the fact that my "2nd favorite" football times is from there. ;-)

Funny, the Sooners are my second favorite team, too.

The only thing "wonderful" about Oklahoma is that it's home. But you won't find me puffing up my chest and saying how independent the state is from the rest of the country. 'Cause we ain't. And neither is Texas.

And Caustic just hates it when I poke a hole in his little balloon. :D

Frankie":3fxnrm9n said:
What a crock. Texas wouldn't exist today without US government money. Take away the billions of dollars Texas gets for all those military bases, NASA, medical grants, you'd have to institute a state income tax just to stay afloat. :roll:

Your post really brightened my day. We can surmise you'll never come here.

Please don't ever try to save us from ourselves. Just let us sink. :D

ga. prime":2j3j6rwt said:
rc690":2j3j6rwt said:
HOSS":2j3j6rwt said:
That's it! Im moving to Texas while I still don't need a Visa!!!! :cboy:

Second that!! :)
Why don't you see if you can catch a ride with HOSS. You can check his math on his rifle cartridge count while he's driving.

I don't need a ride. I'm not going anywhere. Perfectly happy here.

backhoeboogie":2wydpzmy said:
Frankie":2wydpzmy said:
What a crock. Texas wouldn't exist today without US government money. Take away the billions of dollars Texas gets for all those military bases, NASA, medical grants, you'd have to institute a state income tax just to stay afloat. :roll:

Sure I'll be back in Texas. I doubt that I'll ever live there again.

I'm not trying to save anyone; just wanted to point out that all that hot air is...hot air.

Frankie":3deabw8n said:
backhoeboogie":3deabw8n said:
Frankie":3deabw8n said:

Sure I'll be back in Texas. I doubt that I'll ever live there again.

I'm not trying to save anyone; just wanted to point out that all that hot air is...hot air.

Yes indeed. It gets plenty hot down here. It is quite surprising you'd want to come for a visit.

The rest of the folks wanting to come down here and give us a hand straightening out the mess are more than welcome.

Why don't you see if you can catch a ride with HOSS. You can check his math on his rifle cartridge count while he's driving.[/quote]

I don't need a ride. I'm not going anywhere. Perfectly happy here.[/quote]

Thats ok.....I don't have the room anyway. Jogeephus is coming with me and we need all the room for guns and ammo. The cattle trailer will be full of imbalencers. We are gonna drop a few off at Caustics ranch and at backhoeboogie's ranch to use as seed stock. While I drive Jo is going to be busy with his electric engraver. He will be engraving an image of the Texas flag on each bullet in our collection. As you know everything is bigger in Texas so by engraving the flag on the bullets it turns our .223 ammo into .50BMG ammo.

ga. prime":2xirgg25 said:
Texans have a lot of pride, that's all. They have a lot to be proud of.
P1000832.jpg

I love Texas, but I think I'll just stay here.

Ga...is that a pic of part of your community?? Beautiful place. Course "anywhere" with Old Glory flying over it is beautiful.

Frankie":2t6u0i8p said:
TexasBred":2t6u0i8p said:
Ok Frankie...tell us all something "wonderful" about Oklahoma besides the fact that my "2nd favorite" football times is from there. ;-)

Funny, the Sooners are my second favorite team, too.

The only thing "wonderful" about Oklahoma is that it's home. But you won't find me puffing up my chest and saying how independent the state is from the rest of the country. 'Cause we ain't. And neither is Texas.

And Caustic just hates it when I poke a hole in his little balloon. :D

Frankie, I get PO'd everytime I see the Canadian River running that awful burnt orange. If I were OU I'd keep red dye trickling into it all the time. BUT, that said, we don't have all that many government funded things around here especially if you break us up into states all the same size as Okla.

Dang it!! Now you went an' told everybody!!! We got too many folks here arreddy--everything he told you was lies--lies I tell you..don't come here -stay where you are..Oh,you can have gov perry with my blessings...

peg4x4":18bjwmzi said:
Dang it!! Now you went an' told everybody!!! We got too many folks here arreddy--everything he told you was lies--lies I tell you..don't come here -stay where you are..Oh,you can have gov perry with my blessings...
don't worry im where i wanna be .....but i believe you about too many people...last time i was there to pick up some horses.. about every person i talked too was from somewhere else.

alacattleman":26ynolfd said:
peg4x4":26ynolfd said:
don't worry im where i wanna be .....but i believe you about too many people...last time i was there to pick up some horses.. about every person i talked too was from somewhere else.

Ala...look around a bit more....the real Texans have big bellies, no butt, about 4 days of whiskers, a blue heeler on the tool box, a bunch of empty beer cans in the back of the truck, and a ball cap on his head. Usually talking cows, football, huntin' or fishin'. Everybody else is tourist unless you're in SE Texas and there might be a few coon asses around. Course they're always welcome cause they got them shrimp and mudbugs.

Latest posts