Mother of Octuplets

Help Support CattleToday:

I've been told that in the State of California, a father is only liable under California Law to pay a maximum of thirty eight percent of his income to child support regardless of the number of children he has. He would have to be well off to support all these children.
Tom.

Most parents I know have an average of two children and still both parents work in order to have a descent income.
There is just no way in he!! she can give them what they need by herself.
For her to thank this its just plain stupid.
My thoughts are,this was a planned deal between her and the doctor for a big money making scheme.
Don't know just how it will come about,but you can bet your a$$ it somehow will.
Think it was probably the doctor's idea in the first place cause she looks too stupid to figure a scam like this out.
Fat lips and all :lol: :lol:

Cal

kerley":1oz5lidt said:
Cal, I think those fat lips are caused from licking her food stamps.
Tom.

That's a good one Tom,I never thought of that. :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:

Cal

Did the lady have fertility treatment?
Please excuse me, I'm not from y'all parts. Just get the headlines.

Seems though, any woman with 6 kids getting fertility treatment is asking for a train wreck.
Maybe the federal costs should be passed on to the clinic. If that was the case.
Is this woman simple? Was she manipulated?
Looking forward to your replies.
Brianna

brianna":tmgveimo said:
Did the lady have fertility treatment?
Please excuse me, I'm not from y'all parts. Just get the headlines.

Seems though, any woman with 6 kids getting fertility treatment is asking for a train wreck.
Maybe the federal costs should be passed on to the clinic. If that was the case.
Is this woman simple? Was she manipulated?
Looking forward to your replies.
Brianna

She had In Vitro, where she had some saved eggs, implanted into her. She had 6 done at one time, which is unusual, as sometimes they do not all get fertilized, and she was given the option of aborting some once they found out that there was 7 as they initially thought. She declined, she has since said they were her babies, and she wanted them all, regardless.. She has siad in interviews that the donor is the same for all her kids. Donors are not financially responsible for any kids that may be born from them, this would kind of defeat the purpose of donor clinics.

She did this all of her free will, she just was kind of obsessed with having a large family, her reasoning is that she was a only child.

Alot of people are criticizing the fertility clinic, makes you wonder if they even knew she had 6 kids already. The whole thing is just very strange and very sad for the kids, because they will be the ones who suffer.

GMN

I sometimes think we just need to stop and go into a holding pattern so we can let ethics and common sense catch up to technology.

I am 1 of a family of 14 myself. 1 set of twins and the rest singles. 10 sisters and 3 brothers. Our ages span 20 years. Our neighbours referred to our house as the "animal House". Due to the noise coming from it. I never learned this 'til I was in my 30's. It was hectic.....1 bathroom....4 bedrooms. Us youngsters would be topped and tailed in the beds. Infants in the bottom drawers. Wash-day?...every day. It was chaotic looking back on it now. Seemed normal at the time. Grocer would deliver 100 lbs (2 sacks) of potatoes a week. Seemed normal. My parents paid everything....even sending some of us to private school. We are still around, all of us, first born in '43.
My point is ......what is my point....If the children are made to feel like freaks, they will become freaks. This woman seems to be creating a circus around her family. Maybe they would be better of without her.
Obviously I don't know all the facts, and everything is IMHO. Normality worked for us.
Brianna.

brianna":24cdl2im said:
I am 1 of a family of 14 myself. 1 set of twins and the rest singles. 10 sisters and 3 brothers. Our ages span 20 years. Our neighbours referred to our house as the "animal House". Due to the noise coming from it. I never learned this 'til I was in my 30's. It was hectic.....1 bathroom....4 bedrooms. Us youngsters would be topped and tailed in the beds. Infants in the bottom drawers. Wash-day?...every day. It was chaotic looking back on it now. Seemed normal at the time. Grocer would deliver 100 lbs (2 sacks) of potatoes a week. Seemed normal. My parents paid everything....even sending some of us to private school. We are still around, all of us, first born in '43.
My point is ......what is my point....If the children are made to feel like freaks, they will become freaks. This woman seems to be creating a circus around her family. Maybe they would be better of without her.
Obviously I don't know all the facts, and everything is IMHO. Normality worked for us.
Brianna.

I have known several people that have come from large families, with 2 parents, who have supported them, and just wanted large families, nothing wrong with that. This is somewhat different though, its a single person going out and having alot of kids, and doing it in a way that makes her look irresponsible. She has no job, keeps saying she is going to go back to school, she makes herself come across as very selfish, and people are just wondering if she is even fit to take care of 14 kids, by herself, I would say it will be impossible. 8 babies, all premature, is gonna be impossible for one person. You came from a large family, but you all were different ages, spread out over many years. Just think about how many diapers this lady will need for just one day with 8 babies? Not to mention, cribs, car seats, clothes, this is what people are wondering, how she will be able to afford it, if she has no job, no husband, etcx..Plus then you have to add in, the safety of all the children, not just the 8 she just had. I think its obvious that this woman is in way over her head. Thats why people have said the things they have.

GMN

Brianna,

My hat is off to your parents, you, and your brothers and sisters. Wow!

I can honestly see kids topped and tailed in the bed...I can definitely understand the bottom drawer being used as a crib. What I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around is ONE bathroom!

I'm 57 years old. Growing up I was the middle of three kids...and before I left elementary school, my Daddy had another bathroom put in!

God love all of ya'...

Alice

The thing with those from normal large familys is that they weren;t born in litters so they aren;t all the same age

dun":26fcr52b said:
The thing with those from normal large familys is that they weren;t born in litters so they aren;t all the same age
Back in earlier time the more kids and the more land you had the better off you were.
The reasoning for big family.s were more work force.
I myself had 3 brothers and three sisters.

Cal

I guess she needs one of those fifteen passanger vans. Just going anywhere would be a nightmare of loading and unloading. Can't take them to the grocery store. Any outing to a park or zoo would be a a chore. Strollers? No way. I knew a mother with quads and one other child. She said that by the time you got sunscreen on all of them, one of them was ready to go home.

My Father was the second child of seventeen. Born and raised on the Home Place in Crocker, Missouri. I knew most of my Aunts and Uncles as I grew up. They were raised dirt poor, walked five miles to school. They were supported by lots of hard work on the farm. Never welfare. There all gone now. Many of them were childless. Maybe they remembered the hard times of their youth.
Tom.

kerley":3d0rnyr8 said:
My Father was the second child of seventeen. Born and raised on the Home Place in Crocker, Missouri. I knew most of my Aunts and Uncles as I grew up. They were raised dirt poor, walked five miles to school. They were supported by lots of hard work on the farm. Never welfare. There all gone now. Many of them were childless. Maybe they remembered the hard times of their youth.
Tom.

I used to date a fellow who had 14 brothers and sisters. He had a vasectomy before he had kids. He said if he had kids they would be named Quit, Stop and Don't. He really resented his parents for having that many kids. They didn't have much either.

Jogeephus":1h1k8jr4 said:
Who do you think loves the children the most?

No human can love more than any other. Love is an absolute that some never understand or attain.

It must come down to a like issue.

Wewild":10hv60pu said:
Jogeephus":10hv60pu said:
Who do you think loves the children the most?

No human can love more than any other. Love is an absolute that some never understand or attain.

It must come down to a like issue.

If you consider 'love' as an action and not just a feeling, then I think you can say someone loves more than others.
I'm disturbed most by this woman having children because she felt lonely & empty inside as an only child, do you think her children will feel lonely and empty inside because they will not have had enough parental involvement? Children are not supposed to fulfill the parents emotional needs, a parent is supposed to fulfill the childs emotional needs; I don't think this mother is up to the challenge.

Chris H":1ts1vdwh said:
If you consider 'love' as an action and not just a feeling, then I think you can say someone loves more than others.
I'm disturbed most by this woman having children because she felt lonely & empty inside as an only child, do you think her children will feel lonely and empty inside because they will not have had enough parental involvement? Children are not supposed to fulfill the parents emotional needs, a parent is supposed to fulfill the childs emotional needs; I don't think this mother is up to the challenge.

I don't think love is an action but it may promote action.

Many parents live vicarious through their child's life. That could be plural as well.

As i said before, I feel sorry for the kids in this situation and many others.

Simply disgusting.............

And I'm sure that there is something written in the stimulus/porkulus bill that will provide for all of those chillrens at my expense.

And on another rant, why ANYONE would want to look like Angela Jolie is beyond me. Nothing but hooters and lips on a stick.

BRING ON THE REAL WOMEN OF THE WORLD!!!

Latest posts