More pictures from Greenwillow

Help Support CattleToday:

A friend from across state is going to the website to look at pictures of these cattle, so I am posting this to bring the topic to the top again for him to find as a guest. Howdy all.

Does the "whiteface Club" have a website? I can't find anything with a google search.

mtnman

txag":3nf5naqz said:
Texan":3nf5naqz said:
So.....? Is this a common feeling in the Whiteface Club? EPD's are to be used for inter-breeder communique only? Don't confuse the dumbass commercial producer who makes our little Whiteface world go 'round by purchasing our bulls? Boy, you guys could really have some fun with numbers then, huh?

i'm not a member of any "Whiteface Club" so i'm not sure if it's a common feeling among them or not.

personally, it's not my feeling. epd's are a tool that can be utilized by both registered breeders and commercial breeders. the majority of our bull buyers are commercial cattleman. when they come to look, they get the same information a registered breeder would get......a printout with birth dates, birth weights, weaning weights, weaning dates, yearling weights (if the bulls are that old), sire, dam, and epd's.

i am more than happy to explain epd's to any customer unfamiliar with them.

As a commercial breeder I can tell you that I used to look at the epd's first, pick out a couple of bulls that looked great on paper then look at the bulls...Often they would be the poorest bulls in the group!

Now I look at the bulls first, then go inside and check the epd's.

I get better bulls this way.

Hillbilly

Brad B":23p5ttpd said:
sidney411":23p5ttpd said:
The pictures are coming up as a red 'X' for me.

Me too, and I'd like to see the bull.

I PMed Macon about it, and he said it was because of Photobucket being gone, probably for good. I will see what I can do to get some photos on the boards again soon.

Latest posts