More Mass shootings

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bright Raven":35gg4eh3 said:
CB has said many times that the nation is headed toward Civil War.

There were three horrible acts of hate this week. These kind of acts are not what start a Civil War. The three events this week - the pipe bomber, the guy who tried to enter a black Church in Louisville and killed two blacks in a Walmart instead, and the mass killings in the Jewish Synagogue - they were motivated by politics, race and faith hatred. I usually dismiss these mass killings as "nut cases" but maybe that is too simple of an EXCUSE. America is divided by ideology and I guess it could come to Civil War but what I see is more simple - just plain HATE. A nation does not go to Civil War over hate. There is simply a lot of hate out there.

This nails it! One could make the case that our first Civil War was a consequence of the same problem.

This morning, I reviewed a summary and analysis of Mein Kaumpf , and the quotes and text are very polarizing.

TennesseeTuxedo":2tsncpox said:
Guns should be illegal on school grounds. IMHO

They've tried that. For several decades. Its not working. It simply creates a soft target.

bball":te1g3a02 said:
Bright Raven":te1g3a02 said:

There were three horrible acts of hate this week. These kind of acts are not what start a Civil War. The three events this week - the pipe bomber, the guy who tried to enter a black Church in Louisville and killed two blacks in a Walmart instead, and the mass killings in the Jewish Synagogue - they were motivated by politics, race and faith hatred. I usually dismiss these mass killings as "nut cases" but maybe that is too simple of an EXCUSE. America is divided by ideology and I guess it could come to Civil War but what I see is more simple - just plain HATE. A nation does not go to Civil War over hate. There is simply a lot of hate out there.

This nails it! One could make the case that our first Civil War was a consequence of the same problem.

We are falling apart at the seams. We have one group yelling at another group based on ideology. We have violent protests denying folks their right to free speech b/c they don't like what they're going to say. We have other groups denying folks their rights based on religious beliefs. We have groups calling for amendments to be changed by widening the net, and others calling for a tightening of the net. We have one group for Trump, and another against Trump. Social media, the 24 hour news cycle, the Russians are all to blame. But a lot of folks right now seem to have an "if you're not with me, you're against me" attitude.

Bestoutwest":2u04j0c0 said:
bball":2u04j0c0 said:
Bright Raven":2u04j0c0 said:

We are falling apart at the seams. We have one group yelling at another group based on ideology. We have violent protests denying folks their right to free speech b/c they don't like what they're going to say. We have other groups denying folks their rights based on religious beliefs. We have groups calling for amendments to be changed by widening the net, and others calling for a tightening of the net. We have one group for Trump, and another against Trump. Social media, the 24 hour news cycle, the Russians are all to blame. But a lot of folks right now seem to have an "if you're not with me, you're against me" attitude.

The root of the hate and anger is the rhetoric that these two despicable parties that rule America SPEW out so they can stay in Washington, go to dinner parties and do all the other things that are a long way off from family values. ;-)

M-5":rmxnyom4 said:
boondocks":rmxnyom4 said:
Maybe it's time we all do what we can in our own little corner of the world to ratchet down the rhetoric. The NRA president Ollie North (convicted felon, reversed on a technicality as I recall) will be in our area in a few days. The timing of his visit is awful, of course, but instead of protesting his visit, people are planning to attend an interfaith service at the local synagogue.
Dam my pink p#$$/ hat just came in the mail yesterday.
better late than never :santa: :cowboy: :cboy: :dunce: (sorry, that's all the hat emojis we have, no pink. I can ask Macon to get you one). Oh, I missed this one: :kid:

backhoeboogie":3q788yo8 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3q788yo8 said:

They've tried that. For several decades. Its not working. It simply creates a soft target.

Clearly we need to do a better job of enforcing existing laws or at least making sure the criminal know they are not supposed to bring guns on school property or they face fines or imprisonment or possible both.

Time to get tough on crime.

TennesseeTuxedo":3sq8ri3h said:
backhoeboogie":3sq8ri3h said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3sq8ri3h said:

Clearly we need to do a better job of enforcing existing laws or at least making sure the criminal know they are not supposed to bring guns on school property or they face fines or imprisonment or possible both.

I'm quite certain criminals know that the law states that guns are not allowed on school property. But criminals don't follow laws. That's why they're criminals.

JMJ Farms":pcpwa48f said:
TennesseeTuxedo":pcpwa48f said:
backhoeboogie":pcpwa48f said:

I'm quite certain criminals know that the law states that guns are not allowed on school property. But criminals don't follow laws. That's why they're criminals.

Are you implying more laws won't solve these issues?

Bright Raven":2e23xn1t said:
The root of the hate and anger is the rhetoric that these two despicable parties that rule America SPEW out so they can stay in Washington, go to dinner parties and do all the other things that are a long way off from family values. ;-)

And what is the biggest problem? The complacency, or idiocy I haven't figured it out yet, of the American people for allowing these people to stay in office. There have been a couple of elections where I have voted against the incumbent, even though the challenger couldn't win, to voice my opposition.

Bestoutwest":1c62qz23 said:
Bright Raven":1c62qz23 said:

And what is the biggest problem? The complacency, or idiocy I haven't figured it out yet, of the American people for allowing these people to stay in office. There have been a couple of elections where I have voted against the incumbent, even though the challenger couldn't win, to voice my opposition.

The problem the "American people" have is NO CHOICE. All the candidates are owned by the party!!! Great example is the Amy McGrath- Andy Barr race in Kentucky. If you vote them out, the party just picks up another puppet and pulls the same strings.

HeII, we are no different that Zimbabwe, Sudan or North Korea. We just get to go to the polls and vote. We live under a democratic Dictatorship ruled by two powerful parties.

Bright Raven":1bjt3go4 said:
Bestoutwest":1bjt3go4 said:
Bright Raven":1bjt3go4 said:

The problem the "American people" have is NO CHOICE. All the candidates now are owned by the party!!! Great example to the Amy McGrath- Andy Barr race in Kentucky. If you vote them out, the party just picks up another puppet and pulls the same strings.

HeII, we are no different that Zimbabwe, Sudan or North Korea. We just get to go to the polls and vote. We live under a democratic Dictatorship ruled by two powerful parties.

And I'm afraid the parties are getting more polarized, digging in deeper with their anti-"them" rhetoric and it's going to get worse long before it gets better.

Didn't the election teach you two anything? Double digit leads and crooked to the core and she still couldn't win. The people are capable of changing the country, we just need to. Funny thing is a democrat won according to the conservatives and the dumocrates hate him. You can't imagine the carnage if a true conservative is ever elected president.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts