More evidence disputing global warming theories

Help Support CattleToday:

the article was kinda interesting, i wasn't aware that other planets' temperatures have been rising.

however, i'm already getting tired of this mayan doomsday stuff. the bible says that the end will come like a thief in the night, i'll trust the Almighty's word on things before the Mayan calanders!

Most of the stuff towards the end sounds like a load of BS to me. Trying to equate galactic time scales of billions of years with whats happened on our planet in the past 100 years makes no sense. If you are really interested in understanding this stuff you might consider taking a course in celestial mechanics. I took it to meet one of my interdisciplinary requirements back in the day. Of course you'll have to first complete (and pass, in order) a couple basic Algebra courses, a semester of trig, a semister of Analytic geometry, 2 to 3 semesters of Calculus, 2 semesters of physics, 2 semesters of chemistry, a couple semesters of statics and dynamics, and a semester of thermodynamics. Even then you'll think you weren't prepared enough. I sure didn't. Made me glad I was just studying engineering

Saltydawg":2eqfalfw said:
http://viewzone.com/milkyway.html

This all would have had a much greater impact on me if either the writer or the editor knew how to spell or use a dictionary. Words mean things. Of course it really doesnt matter if you know the actual meaning or not if you cant spell it correctly.

"Most of the stuff towards the end sounds like a load of BS to me." ~ Dcara

I am curious which "stuff" you disagree with and what you are basing your opinion on.

3MR":2rogkb4f said:
Saltydawg":2rogkb4f said:

This all would have had a much greater impact on me if either the writer or the editor knew how to spell or use a dictionary. Words mean things. Of course it really doesnt matter if you know the actual meaning or not if you cant spell it correctly.

I'm sure if we comb thru your posting history we can find some spelling and grammatical errors. Does that mean everything you have to say isn't worth listening to? :p

"Most of the stuff towards the end sounds like a load of BS to me." ~ Dcara

I am curious which "stuff" you disagree with and what you are basing your opinion on.

Pretty much everything in the section titled "Implications in Global Warming?" As I said previously, trying to relate the galactic time scales of many billions of years to even the past few billion years of climate on earth is pretty far fetched. The energy constant in the cosmos has been almost constant at -174dBm/Hz for eons. In fact I'm not aware of any reports differing from that level for as far back as they've looked. So the cosmic energy level was the same during all the last Ice Ages here on earth as it is now. Not to mention the fact that the suns energy output varies on an eleven year cycle and also alot in between. There was a cycle peak in 2000-2002. I think we had a solar minimum just last year. The sun's output certainly effects our climate, and it does vary. But it is not caused by what is for all practical purposes a constant cosmic energy level.

Saltydawg":1lcmjw52 said:
3MR":1lcmjw52 said:
Saltydawg":1lcmjw52 said:

I'm sure if we comb thru your posting history we can find some spelling and grammatical errors. Does that mean everything you have to say isn't worth listening to? :p

Im posting to a forum, not writing articles.

I bet if you comb through the any number of professional reports I write or edit for work every day you wont see the number of errors in all of them combined you see in that one article. We are supposed to believe the writer knows their facts when they arent even verbose enough to know the correct meaning of the words they are using. If they cant bother to check their own writing, how can we believe they bothered to check their facts.

Dont get me wrong, I think global warming is a crock of bovine fecal matter as well, but this type of psydoscience doesnt help anybody prove the position.

Latest posts