More bad pub

Help Support CattleToday:

I saw this report on the news last night and my wife had to keep me from throwing the remote through the TV. I am running out of ideas about how we as an industry stop these blatant lies and inaccuracies about beef production!

I hear chicken and pork will give you Aids. Toefoo (or whatever that crap is) has been linked to global warming.
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Overuse of antibiotics does in fact breed resistance. It is just nature adapting. We see it in people who don't finish a course of antibiotics. That's why doctors tell you to make sure you finish the prescription even though you feel better.

Jim

SRBeef":2szje9zk said:
Overuse of antibiotics does in fact breed resistance. It is just nature adapting. We see it in people who don't finish a course of antibiotics. That's why doctors tell you to make sure you finish the prescription even though you feel better.

Jim
There is no research to support that THEORY. Even if that were true, that would not explain staph found on meat.

Gee, I was thinking about that report while enjoying my Beef Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Cole Slaw and Pees. I feel so lucky to have lived through that experience.

SRBeef":447tyqpk said:
We see it in people who don't finish a course of antibiotics. That's why doctors tell you to make sure you finish the prescription even though you feel better.

Jim

A clear case of mis-use by the patient which indeed can and will cause resistant bacteria. In that there will still be some of the 'bad' bacteria in the system that haven't been killed while the majority have (that's why we feel better) and by stopping the use of the medication before the person has finished that cycle of treatment, the remaining organisms have been 'exposed' to the prescribed antibiotic and thus have the opportunity to build a tolerance/resistance to it.

:2cents:

Katherine

More likely to pick up staff from the local hospital here than anywere else. About 70 percent of the patients who have had surgery there this past year have ended up catching it while there. Told my wife if I get sick just shoot me if she cant take me someplace else.

Latest posts