More about police...

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":3tcihm72 said:
Maybe, but I'll have done the Most I could do to prevent the loss of an innocent life. My life is simply not worth another innocent person's life, I just don't put that much value on me, and never have. I'll never cure cancer, invent the next big thing, change the whole world for the better, but the person I DON'T kill, just might.

One is never privy to the information that goes on behind those administration doors.
Why not? Why the secrecy since it isn't a grand jury hearing? Explain to the public exactly why & how the determination was made instead of hiding it--it simply adds to the mistrust. You know what the police always say about things like that?
"If you're not doing anything wrong, you got nothing to worry about."

You, sir, are a person I would never want as a partner because you would get me killed. No cop wants to kill an innocent, but I don't know any that's in a hurry to have their name on a wall, either.

I've read all the posts in this thread and I know everyone has had their run in with a cop or know someone that has. Heck, I've had several unjustified complaints just because a violator was pithed at me. I always requested polygraphs and sworn affidavits but they all declined. Sadly, false accusations happens way too much. I had to work some IA on a rotating basis and made it a policy that a sworn complaint be filed prior to me working on anything. Took one bad one off the force and some received some disciplinary action. Also filed some false affidavit charges on yayhoos that just wanted to cause some officers some shyt.

Can't say much about the closed-door thing because I was never brass and they would get to a point and dismiss those that didn't need to be in on the conversation.

Guess I've said all I need to about this. :tiphat:

Nesikep":s145wuth said:
Celtic.. Never had an impaired, I'm actually quite good friends with my ex's still.. They just always find something to be dicks about.

And that last link wasn't cop hate, it was in their defense.

Jeez with friends like you .....

Celtic Cowman":2ubo8h2e said:
Nesikep":2ubo8h2e said:
Celtic.. Never had an impaired, I'm actually quite good friends with my ex's still.. They just always find something to be dicks about.

And that last link wasn't cop hate, it was in their defense.

Jeez with friends like you .....
Huh?

slick4591":qrq12t23 said:
TB~ wished we were closer cause I'd like to run an experiment with you. I'd take a real Glock 19 and a toy look a like. You're the cop approaching me and when I turn around you have to decide if I'm pointing the real thing or toy at you. Decide wrong in that split second you have and you could easily have a dead person with a toy gun or your wife becomes a widow. My guess is you don't want your wife to be a widow.

Hardly the same....you and I are old mature fat men.....I'm talking about YOUR 12 year old son with a toy gun.
And perhaps also this kid is hearing impaired?? I realize you can't hesitate too much but I don't think you need to me shyting down both boots because you see what appears to be a "12 year old killer with a gun". Besides that, your'e wearing body armor from head to toe or most I see these days are.

BTW grandson got what appears to be a 45 acp for Christmas. Has about one inch of orange on the end of the barrell....told his dad he better spray paint that sucker orange from one end to the other.

Nesikep":3hmw43c2 said:
Agreed Bez

In surrey (original post has TWO links) there were 2 shootings by police in the last week (the other was not a fatality)
A year ago a fairly aged asian man was shot when he was walking around swinging a piece of 2x4 while walking down the street. (not sure if he spoke english)

In vancouver airport the 4 cops tazered a polish man and beat him.. he died of a heart attack. He came here to visit his mother and was somehow frustrated by customs. He had no weapon of any kind.

These are just the ones that made headlines while I actually read the news.

My friend says the cop cars should be repainted to say "To serve and COLLECT"... Meanwhile, those becoming police officers should accept that it is a dangerous job, and there is a risk of injury, and possibly worse, but that doesn't give carte blanche to kill a guy because he has a knife. On this count I know it's the smallest percentage that give the rest a bad name.

Just got a ticket in a speed trap today. It's a straight, divided highway, 2 lanes in both directions, but is only 55 mph. I knew it was a well-known speed trap area but was fighting a bad migraine and my speed went up for literally just a quarter-mile. Of course, that's where the fat cop was waiting. That's all they do in that township--have some fat cop sit there and write tickets all.day.long.
The older I get and the more I see, the more I have a bad attitude about that sort of cr@p. They seem to never be around when someone is driving like an actual maniac, or is obviously drunk.
I don't think that the police depts and courts should get any funding from simple traffic stops--whoever came up with that brilliant idea, I would like a word with.

Before the olympics here the highway was a 2 lane winding highway, and it was dangerous... speed limit was 80kph (50mph). $500,000,000 was spent on upgrading that 50 miles of highway, now its a giant 4 lane divided highway.. guess what? still 50mph with cops all over it.

It has been proven that driving slower than traffic causes as many accidents as driving faster. I don't know about you but boredom is my biggest enemy while driving... your mind starts to wander and you stop paying attention...

At least cops have started to crack down on cell phone usage around here, I think that's a good thing.. certainly as dangerous as drinking!

boondocks":23qexupz said:
[2 lanes in both directions, but is only 55 mph. I knew it was a well-known speed trap area but was fighting a bad migraine and my speed went up for literally just a quarter-mile. Of course, that's where the fat cop was waiting. That's all they do in that township--have some fat cop sit there and write tickets all.day.long.
The older I get and the more I see, the more I have a bad attitude about that sort of cr@p. They seem to never be around when someone is driving like an actual maniac, or is obviously drunk.
I don't think that the police depts and courts should get any funding from simple traffic stops--whoever came up with that brilliant idea, I would like a word with.

I've been stopped a couple of times in so called "speed traps" exceeding the speed limit. Both times I simply told the officer I had my "head up my azz" and was guilty as sin. Never saw a need to comment on his weight or size and he said nothing about my fat azz.

Latest posts