MO. Ozarks

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Went to Ozark, Missouri over the Easter weekend. Beautifull country to drive through. Seemed to be lots of nice looking cattle farms all along Rt. 60. I saw allot of red cattle. It seems that black cattle are popular there but not as popular as they are in this area. It looked like that area finally got some rain as the grass was greening up nice.

You were in my area, did you visit the trail ride I believe they were having a Bluegrass festival. grass is not hurting much yet but if it don't rain soon it will be. also there is alot of black cattle back in them there hills.

Just visited some friends that live in Ozark and Nixa. Did the Bass-Pro thing in Springfield and took the wife shopping and the kids to ride go-karts. It was a nice weekend outing and the weather was near perfect.

Hoss, when you were at Nixa, you were about 14 miles northeast of me. There used to be alot of black cattle along 60, around Cabool, Mo. It was the Sheek's cattle company and they had over 9,000 black mama cows about 10 years ago or more when they were at their biggest. The man passed away and his children were selling part of the farm at a time and then sold the last 10,000 acres and the last 3,000 cows a few years ago. They sold their cattle through the Harrison Ark sale barn and they always brought top dollar, but you sure didnt want to buy any because they were so crazy that they couldnt be handled. They sure were beautiful along hwy 60 for alot of years, though