Mixing Valbazen with feed ?

Help Support CattleToday:

coon hunter

Reaction score
I have a Heifer that isn't growing as good as she should.She is being kept away from the bull until she's older. I don't have a shut to drench her with Valbazen so I'm going to try and mix the dewormer with her feed. It will take about 20ML to worm her.Should I give her 1/2 a dose on day 1 and the other 1/2 on day two? Has anyone ever mixed Valbazen with ration to deworm ?

I have a Heifer that isn't growing as good as she should.She is being kept away from the bull until she's older. I don't have a shut to drench her with Valbazen so I'm going to try and mix the dewormer with her feed. It will take about 20ML to worm her.Should I give her 1/2 a dose on day 1 and the other 1/2 on day two? Has anyone ever mixed Valbazen with ration to deworm ?
Is there a particular reason you need to use Valbazen? It is a good wormer, but if you are going to have to administer in the feed because of lack of facilities, I suggest using Safeguard pellets.

Is there a particular reason you need to use Valbazen? It is a good wormer, but if you are going to have to administer in the feed because of lack of facilities, I suggest using Safeguard pellets.
Thanks Kenny, there wasn't a reason other than that's what I had handy .

Thanks all I have nothing against good old Safeguard it's a stand by for me. I did the valbazen mix with all stock sweet feed and she ate all but a small part. She's a little bit picky and I could tell she didn't really like the mix as good. This was just a one time thing for me. The safeguard pellets are very good.

Latest posts