Missouri Sho-Me-Red Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
April 22 at Springfield, MO Livestock Marketing Center (the new ale barn) the Missouri Red Angus association will have their annual spring sale.

dun

Are you selling any dun? I plan to be there looking at the females. I have Shorthorns at home and hope to start working on the Durham Reds.

Hey! I've got an anniversary coming up in June and a birthday in July. Wouldn't mind at all if anyone just combined them and picked me up an extra pretty girl or two. We hope to make it over but are not sure yet. Wife says we ain't pullin the trailer if'n we go! We are for sure going (Lord willing) to the Simmental sale this Saturday at Strafford. Easter Break starts at the end of school Wednesday so we plan to hit that side of the state for a couple days. I'd like to bring home a half dozen or so but when you're poor and cheap that can be hard to do!

Bullbuyer":3qfwe7nw said:
Hey Dun - that's my birthday - why don't ya buy me one in celebration of this monumental event ?

Years ago I worked with a guy that formally requested a day off for his birthday. The reason he gve was "To do honor to my mother that give birth to a chile on this day, me" The response was, "I hope she learned her lesson"

dun

Welllllllll, it never hurts to ask !
Ya' know - sort of like askin' the pretty girl to dance - probably gonna end up with the ugly one - but it never hurts to ask.

RedAngus121":2l6f1j5v said:
I was wondering how much the New Trend 22D Straws Brought Does anyone no?

There wasn;t any, unless it was an addeded attraction that I didn't get penciled in

dun

RedAngus121":cvulzud7 said:

The New Trend semen brought $75/5 straws. The buyer took both lots. They didn't sell this with all the other semen lots. It and an embryo package were the last two lots to sell before they went to the commercial cattle.

Darn should have been on the fone to buy that. last Seman sold out of him brought well over 100 bucks. Theres very little seman left of that bull.

How was the sale what was the high seller?

fit2btied":1gkm80e1 said:
RedAngus121":1gkm80e1 said:

The New Trend semen brought $75/5 straws. The buyer took both lots. They didn't sell this with all the other semen lots. It and an embryo package were the last two lots to sell before they went to the commercial cattle.

That was while I was out wandering around and my wife didn;t right it down. I got hte bull I had sort of wanted semen on so I was satisfied.
Sale prices were pretty reasonable and seemed a little low compared to previous years. But some went for way more then I though they should have. Top commercial heifers were lower by a couple of hundred bucks but all in all I think it went pretty well.

dun

Bullbuyer":1kbfat13 said:
Welllllllll, it never hurts to ask !
Ya' know - sort of like askin' the pretty girl to dance - probably gonna end up with the ugly one - but it never hurts to ask.

A little late and a little off topic, but I was raised that it was rude to turn down an invitation to dance. If the pretty girl says no to a dance, you're better off with the ugly one. (What was that OLD song and WHO sang it? "If you want to be happy for the rest of yo' life, never make a pretty woman yo' wife....")

Not that it is a big deal, but it is Fosters West River, not Forster. 2 different ranches.

Latest posts