Missouri Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
If you were relocating to Missouri and was going to be headquartered out of St. Louis but you could live anywhere in the state and you only had to go into St. Louis on occassion, where would you choose to live if you were a country boy?

that is a hard question as to theres is so many differnt parts to missouri as to weather and lay of the land. i am from the northeast part strait north of stl on the iowa line and not far from the ill line. there is alot of farm land not far out of stl but i would imagin the farther out of town the better. to the south they have warmer weather but more ice on av but up here its colder and more snow.

Warrensburg....tell him I said there's a college there and lots of good lookin girls. My buddy will keep him busy punchin cows on weekends.

Alright. I'm just feeling the water for him. Nothing is decided for sure yet. I know he wouldn't want to be in a big town.

Southwest part----south of Springfield. Lots of great cattle grazing ground, Lots of different sales barns, great hunting, can catch your limit of fish any day of the year---trout, bass, catfish, crappie, depending on time of year in a stream or stream or lake, Springfield 25 minutes away, Branson 25 minutes away, several colleges in the area, good country neighbors, good hospitals and doctors (although poor policies have been put in place with new ObamaCare) and only a 3 hour drive to St. Louis. Tulsa is 3 hours, Oklahoma City 5, Kansas City 3, Little Rock 4, Wichita 4. Lots of hills, trees, creek and river bottoms, if you want to row crop or hay. Just all around good area. Can get more remote is you go east and south of Springfield--Rolla to Arkansas line is good cattle country, but not close to any bigger towns----a bit closer to Springfield. Lots of places in Missouri that are really good, just depends on exactly what you are looking for

Depends on if he wants flat ground or rocky hills. Me, I'd like the north central area. Colombia area ain't bad either with all the college women there.

Red Bull Breeder":23tsukyk said:
Just across the state line is Arkansas, why would you stay in Mo.
to not have to put up with so many arkies!

It has to be Missouri. Thanks for the information, I'll pass it on. Son may possibly be moving that way. Kinda hope not but work if work wherever it takes you.

jedstivers":lnidl23l said:
3waycross":lnidl23l said:
Red Bull Breeder":lnidl23l said:
Just across the state line is Arkansas, why would you stay in Mo.

Cuz the women have most of their teeth!
You ain't seen the part of MO I've seen.

Hey watch it buddy them's my cousins yer talkin about! (actually I have)

If he's going to set fence stay north... there's big rocks and lots of them things south. Takes a whole day to chop rock and dig the hole. Never live there again! Sure was nice to dig a hole in less than 5 minutes with the auger..
Valerie

Red Bull Breeder":1z969gky said:
Heck even Angus Cowman jumped south out of Mo. Not that he went the direction i would have recommmended, he is in ARKANSAS all the same.
One can never account for taste, or lack of same!

Latest posts