Missouri Question

Help Support CattleToday:

BudE

Reaction score
I heard a short blurb on the radio this morning about a farmer in Missouri that lost his house and barns in last weekends tornado's. Missed part of it but he was either Amish or friend of them and the whole amish community showed up to help out. He was moping the floor in his new house 15 hours after it was destroyed. They also rebuilt the barns and other out buildings. Just wondered if anyone else had heard this and had any more details. Just the logistics of getting lumber etc. in 15 hours amazes me.
BudE

Saw this in USA Today this morning at the hotel. I am from MO and didn't hear about it locally. Just shows what a community can do when they work together. It doesn't take goverment help to rebuild, it takes the love and compassion from your neighbors and community.

It really shows that not all is lost with this world. A shame that more people don't show this kind of compassion toward their neighbors.

A big ole attaboy to these folks!! :clap:

You have to understand they have their own sawmills, source for sheet tin, etc.
They do not rely on the english for much of anything :)
Three Amish, two teens and a 30 year old put up my 24 x 40 pole barn with a 12' lean to on one side in 4 days (8am to 4 PM with a break for lunch each day)