Missing The Home Place

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Also feeling older too.

Just thinking tonight and I am hoping to just work for a year now instead of 2 or 3 years.

There is so much that needs to be done around here it is driving me crazy.

I like alot of the customers but there are a few I just want to punch them flat out.

Going to sit down and figure out what I should buy for the house and go from there.

I luv herfrds":2xbs9g25 said:
Also feeling older too.

Just thinking tonight and I am hoping to just work for a year now instead of 2 or 3 years.

There is so much that needs to be done around here it is driving me crazy.

I like alot of the customers but there are a few I just want to punch them flat out.

Going to sit down and figure out what I should buy for the house and go from there.
i was wondering how long it would be before you was thinking about quitting that job.

Wasn't long was it BB? :D

Was thinking about the new house and here is the plan.
Get the rest of the Roxul. 9 bundles left to get. $51 a bundle.
Sheet rock for the whole house $1400.
Since I want tile in certain rooms and areas get some backer board for the top of the sub floor.
Decided on hardwood for the house.
Dri Core for the basement floor.
Soffits.
Vinyl siding for the gable ends.

Now to not punch the freako that comes in the store who thinks he is a vampire. :roll:
He was so stupid last night I almost did punch him. He's a vegan too so he is truly brainless.

vegan vampire......

that is a new twist on things....

if it is any consolation .....I have been successfully not slapping folks for over 40 years now......nope better make that 30 years ...there was this one.....

really proud to have not slapped snot out of one this past week......

but I have to work to pay the bulls and keep the horses fed......

so I smile and say yessum or yessir and move on.....

Yeah pdf there is always some one being a pain but for that one there are others who are great.
This guy is just flat out weird. I try to stay away from him.

Figure one or maybe 2 years max then I need to get slowed back down to my normal pace of farming and ranching plus fire fighting and EMS.
Right now I feel like I never stop moving.

YAH prolly gottta not slap someone for the rest a my life, just makin up for the ones I did slap when I was young. :mad:

Bars! Booze hounds! Bar flies!
Unless a person is wasting their money in a bar you are talked about and lied about!

Got accosted by a co-worker yeterday in the store because she listened to a bunch of drunks in the beer garden. She didn't bother to do it outside but did it in the store in front of others and next to the office with a manager inside.
I talked with her later and found out it was on the word of a bunch of drunks!

I had been talking about my milk cow being in heat and swatting me with her tail across the face. Amazing how a person evesdropping can suddenly think I was talking about a co-worker instead of my milk cow.

These people need some lives and something more to do then sit in a bar.

Getting really sick of this crap.

Where is Bez with his 2x4 maybe he can knock some sense into me again??

Been ignoring the weirdo too. I almost told him to flip off the other day but I held my tongue.

be careful MO_cows....
you are thinking rationally.....
not everyone is so encumbered.....
sounds like I luv herfrds acquaintance might be among those less encumbered....
in which case anything is possible.....
I personally make the observation that sanity and sane behavior is no longer the norm in this country......

Haven't seen the weirdo for awhile, which is a good thing.

The co-worker who accosted me is talking to me, but I am polite to her. I just don't trust her.

Only really talk to 3 people who I really trust.

pdf you are right sane and sanity behavior are no longer the norm.

I luv herfrds":m9qp5l6v said:
I almost told him to flip off the other day but I held my tongue.
There's that "Sign of a good heart" thing.

Wallow and argue with pigs, you just get filthy and the pigs don't care anyway.

Well weirdo is still around. Saw him tonight. He didn't come in the store but did bang his hand on the front window. Guess who is going to have to clean the window? Not him.

Just staying close to the people I can trust and ignoring the rest.

Got next months schedule. I was surprised. I used to have to switch with people to work the 11-8 shift but they just flat gave it to me! I was always told I would have to switch. I never asked never bugged them about it I just switched with my co-workers. I know the new girls are not going to be happy but the store manager said if they have problems they can bring it up with her. They know I chaperone that river trip too. I'm just waiting to get the dates so I can have those days off. I was already told no problem.

A few peopled were po'd over the schedule but that's not my problem.
One new girl asked why I was set on that schedule and no swapping. I told her I had no idea and dropped the subject.

Got a bit slow but I just stayed busy today. A good note the store manager and I are getting along really well now. Before it was a bit tense between us and I did not know why. Guess they were hearing the rumors. After my talk with my boss it got much better.

One new girl is putting in her 2 weeks notice. Said she couldn't handle the drama. This is the one that accosted me.
Talked with her last night. We both agreed that we can feel the stress, when our floor manager was on vacation, go away.
Told her I just was doing what my boss said just stay away from the negative people and do my job. She is going to go work at where one of the trouble makers now works. I gave her a heads up on what this person did to me.

Things have slowed down around the store but I can still stay busy.

Pee-ewww!!!
Got a co-worker that has decided that wearing strong perfume will cover up the smell of her smoking. Nope it just makes me sick. Already spoke with her about it but I guess that was not enough.

Latest posts