Minus 44 F

Help Support CattleToday:

They re-appeared just in the last few days and I had to plug it back in after it being unplugged since November.

Silver said:
Stocker Steve said:
Cold this morning, and the snow blowing tractor' tank heater quit... :( Time for a trip to town.

But is it a dry cold? :lol2:
That is a good point Silver. I've never experienced anything like those temperatures but I get colder when it is wet and windy than on our frosty mornings.

Ken

Only -7 F air temp now, so not too bad, except for the wind.

Got a new tank heater today! I have to git her runnin before the next storm hits Friday night.

I don't mind it until it gets below minus 10. For me that is the point where it is cold. We haven't hit zero yet this year but it is well below freezing most every day. Good thing is we have no mosquitoes, rattle snakes, or homeless people.

MurraysMutts said:
greybeard said:
Last night and early this morning

Gotta love a good bug zapper!
I need to get me a couple for this summer.
Those bring back fond memories.
Ain't seen any for sale in ages. Does anyone still make em?
Lots of them still made but most are junk with little IC boards in them that don't last one season. .
Look at flea markets for the older ones.
All a zapper really needs is a hi voltage transformer for the grid, maybe a smaller transformer/ballast & starter for the light and that's it. There may be 2 little wafer capacitors on the lines between transformer and grid but all they are for is to cut down on radio interference.

Stinger brand sucks. Black Flag brand suck.
Flowtron makes the 2 older ones I have.

It was 60 below F on several thermometers a few miles away and 900 feet lower on Tuesday.

-30 Celsius on our reading right now.

Warmed up to about zero F! Next winter storm coming in - - predicting 7 to 9 inches of snow and wind up to 35 mph. Pulled a polywire cross fence so cattle could pick a spot to shelter out in the bale grazing field.

Stocker Steve said:
Cold this morning, and the snow blowing tractor' tank heater quit... :( Time for a trip to town.

When you say tank heater, I'm assuming you're referring to the radiator? Do you have any special procedures for handling or heating diesel fuel in those temps? Is gelling a major problem there?

Latest posts