milking suction cups

Help Support CattleToday:

hopalong

Reaction score
Being a novice at using a surge milking machine i have difficulty keeping the vacuum from leaking out of the cups till i am ready to put it on the teat.
i looked at a couple sites on the net and found what they called a quarter milker plug for $8.00 it dawned on me it looked a lot like a syringe container, (one of those little plastic containers that you get when you buy syringes) guess whhat work like a champ and cheaper than $8.00 too, dang am i cheap or what :D

I don;t understand the problem. Suction/vacuum has to be coming out of the inflation or it won;t stay on the teat when you put it on. Normally with correct vacuum by the time you get the second one on the milker will stay on

guess i am not fast enough then, unless i seal up all four of them i can basically get only 7 inches of vacuum, unless i seal the teat cups up, never the less i have solved my problem with that and only offered this as a tip if someone else had the same problem :D

hopalong":nkayz6xf said:
guess i am not fast enough then, unless i seal up all four of them i can basically get only 7 inches of vacuum, unless i seal the teat cups up, never the less i have solved my problem with that and only offered this as a tip if someone else had the same problem :D
Of course you don't get enough vacuum if all four aren't sealed. This shouldn't be a problem if your putting all four on the cow. Why would this be an issue unless you have a cow with less than 4 functioning quarters?

It was when i was getting ready to put them on that i could not get enough vacuum, or when one quarter was milked dry and i wanted to pull the cup
off.
Looks like i didn't make myself clear.

Latest posts