Microsoft Funds Animal Rights Behemoth

Help Support CattleToday:

V_Key

Reaction score
Gilroy, California - The Dam End of the Santa Cla
Microsoft Funds Animal Rights Behemoth
Letter to Bill Gates at Bottom

June 12, 2007 – The Animal Agriculture Alliance has learned that Microsoft, the software giant, plans to make a $100,000 donation to animal rights behemoth Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and is partnering with the vegan-led group on a pilot program called the ''i'm Initiative.'' Through the new program, whenever a Windows Live Messenger user has a conversation using i'm, Microsoft will give a portion of the program's advertising revenue to one of ten organizations selected by the user. HSUS is one of the choices, and there is no limit to the amount of money that can be donated.

Other non-profit organizations, like the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, have urged Microsoft to end its support of HSUS, but the company refused. Tara Kriese, a Microsoft representative, said the program is "a great way to enable people to help causes that are important to them." Apparently she missed the October 2006 statement from Miyun Park, HSUS' Vice President of Farm Animal Welfare, who said that the organization's long-term goal for the egg laying and broiler chicken industry is, ''to get rid of the industry.''

''The Animal Agriculture Alliance is highly concerned about Microsoft teaming with an organization whose leaders have such a radical agenda,'' said Kay Johnson, Executive Vice President of the Animal Agriculture Alliance. ''Clearly someone at Microsoft has not done their homework. Otherwise they would know that HSUS is just like PETA, but in a nice suit.''

The Alliance urges everyone involved in America's food chain—from individual farmers and ranchers to processing companies to retail establishments—to contact Microsoft and demand that it terminate its financial support of HSUS. Contact Bill Gates, Chairman, Microsoft, 1 Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, phone 425 882-8080, fax 425 936-7329. For a sample letter click here, or visit http://www.animalagalliance.org/images/ ... rosoft.pdf.

The Humane Society of the United States opposes animal use, and one of its biggest targets is animal agriculture. In September of 2006, at HSUS' Taking Action for Animals conference, Wayne Pacelle, President of the organization vowed to redouble the animal rights group's efforts against animal agriculture.

The Letter Copy and Paste to print
==============================================================

Mr. Bill Gates, Chairman
Microsoft
1 Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052

Dear Mr. Gates:

I have deep concern regarding one of the partners on Microsoft's i'm Initiative,
the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). The i'm Initiative is a laudable
program providing financial support to non-profit organizations, however, HSUS,
while no doubt effectiveóone of the programís stated criteriaóis not the national
organization for local humane shelters, and it is not what it appears to be on the
surface.

HSUS, an organization that your company has guaranteed to fund with at least
$100,000, is the nationís largest animal rights activist group. The vegan-led
organization spends millions of dollars annually attacking American agriculture,
hunting, circuses, rodeos and zoos. The organization alienates millions of
Americaís farmers and ranchers as well as everyday consumers.

Less than a year ago, in September of 2006 at HSUSí Taking Action for Animals
conference, Wayne Pacelle, HSUS President vowed to redouble the animal
rights groupís efforts against animal agriculture.

In October of 2006 at The Strength of Many Conference in Los Angeles, Miyun
Park, HSUSí Vice President of Farm Animal Welfare, declared that the
organizationís long-term goal for the egg laying and broiler chicken industry is,
''to get rid of the industry.'' In 1999, Ms. Park was acknowledged as a financial
benefactor of No Compromise magazine, a self-described militant, direct action
magazine for supporters of the Animal Liberation Front (ALF), the top domestic
terror priority of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Your company should end this relationship immediately.

Responsible farmers and ranchers like me are outraged at your companyís
support of this organization.

HSUS campaigns at the ballot box, in court, in state legislatures and in Congress
to end animal agriculture. According to the Wall Street Journal, in 2006 HSUS
spent more money on elections than ExxonMobil. Additionally, HSUS and its
allies spent nearly $2 million on Arizona Proposition 204, an initiative aimed at
putting one farm in Arizona out of business.

American farmers and ranchers feed the USA and much of the rest of the world.
HSUSí actions put our ability to effectively feed people at risk. I trust Microsoft
would not knowingly support such a radical agenda. Please end Microsoftís
relationship with HSUS.

I appreciate you consideration of this request and look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

You never know how much of those stories are true, but I think that the Humane Society does a lot of good work around here. It is PETA that gets on my nerves.

There are two Humane Societys. The one that does a lot of good and runs the animal shelters and the other one that is similar to PETA. People need to know the difference.

I dont know if the article is true or not, but I would think if their was actually a legitimate letter writing campaign by a legitimate organizatin they would have proof read their attached letter better. Or even at all!

Wow. I learned something new. I thought the only Humane Society was the good one. I didn't know that there other organizations using the name.

Lammie":2sd2d5r3 said:
I thought the only Humane Society was the good one.

I thought there was only the bad one! The one that says if your animal gets run over by a truck and death is imminent, you should be arrested for putting it out of its misery.

The support is true. I got it from Cattle Network. It is also on the hunting discussing boards. Microsoft seems to be standing strong on this, so everyone needs to send them an email or a snail mail letter.

Lammie":mag560vg said:
You never know how much of those stories are true, but I think that the Humane Society does a lot of good work around here. It is PETA that gets on my nerves.

Here is a quote taken from the Georgia Cattleman magazine warning of anti-cattle movements.

"Our Goal is the abolition of all animal agriculture." Humane Society of the United States coordinator John Goodwin

They had a budget of $99,997,471 in 2003/2004 filing year. IRS data.

If this is the same bunch that gets my tax dollars to fund the animal shelter, I'm going to be upset. Going to look into it though.

Interesting quote from PETA, "Our long term goal is to rid the world of animal agriculture and convert everyone to a plant-based diet". Bruce Friedrich Peta outreach director

Sounds familiar don't it.

Lammie":5exrmhjp said:

Lammie, there are 2 different Humane Societies - The American Humane Society does do a lot of good, I don't believe the same can be said for The Humane Society of the United States.

Jogeephus":1f3xjxd4 said:
Lammie":1f3xjxd4 said:

Here is a quote taken from the Georgia Cattleman magazine warning of anti-cattle movements.

"Our Goal is the abolition of all animal agriculture." Humane Society of the United States coordinator John Goodwin

If this is the same bunch that gets my tax dollars to fund the animal shelter, I'm going to be upset. Going to look into it though.

Interesting quote from PETA, "Our long term goal is to rid the world of animal agriculture and convert everyone to a plant-based diet". Bruce Friedrich Peta outreach director

I don't understand how someone can seriously stand up in front of people and say idiotic things like that. There's a reason God made things like cattle. To, call me nuts here, EAT? What does this organization propose to do with said liberated animals? Get them a job on the bus lines? Wal Mart Greeters? Petting zoos? The level of workwide stupidity raises so much when someone spouts crap like that... I am embarrassed for humanity. :roll:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Absolutely incredible... :roll:

Alice

Any organization can use the words Humane Society. We have a couple here and niether one is associated with any other. They have some trouble with fund raising because people assume that all "Humane Societies" are part of HSUS.

hraz":1iolblpy said:
Any organization can use the words Humane Society. We have a couple here and niether one is associated with any other. They have some trouble with fund raising because people assume that all "Humane Societies" are part of HSUS.

So the Humane Society animal shelter is not affiliated with this whacko group. I'm glad to hear that.

Lammie":3t76l5mj said:
Jogeephus":3t76l5mj said:
Lammie":3t76l5mj said:

I don't understand how someone can seriously stand up in front of people and say idiotic things like that.

You and me both.

There's a reason God made things like cattle. To, call me nuts here, EAT?

I'm not going to argue with you on the eating point, either - I guess we are all supposed to be vegetarians. Don't get me wrong, I like my vegetables - I just prefer them them with a juicy steak! :lol: Apparently, I'm supposed to be embarrassed about that - I think not!

What does this organization propose to do with said liberated animals? Get them a job on the bus lines? Wal Mart Greeters? Petting zoos?

Danged if I know. The only thing I can come up with is that the next step would be to declare that calving is 'inhumane', and abolish that too. But where would that leave reproduction of the human race? Maybe, because we are supposed to be 'superior', it would still be ok for us to procreate? I'm not sure.

The level of workwide stupidity raises so much when someone spouts crap like that... I am embarrassed for humanity. :roll:

What is that saying - never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers - or something like that. The exact saying escapes me at this moment.