Megyn Kelly.. said "blackface" on air... fire her? extreme racism.

Help Support CattleToday:

And they often find a way to toss them (esp the women) overboard when they hit a certain age, don't they?
How long was Barbara Walters (isn't she now 84?) an active news fixture? Diane Sawyer (age 72)?

greybeard":z1yd5i0o said:
And they often find a way to toss them (esp the women) overboard when they hit a certain age, don't they?
How long was Barbara Walters (isn't she now 84?) an active news fixture? Diane Sawyer (age 72)?

Yeah I knew someone would bring them up. But they seem to be the exception....Baba was an institution on her own right. Is Sawyer still on the air?

Back in my day at least one person would show up at every Halloween party dressed as buckwheat ( with a nappy head and a blackface). It was a cool costume and still is. P.s. Buckwheat was the coolest kid ever!

Turkeybird":13zp0mxo said:
If someone wants to dress as hitler or Obama shouldn't it be their right.

There is no statute against dressing as Hitler or Obama. This is not a felony or even misdemeanor. However, a private company can set standards for its employees. Almost all these cases are the result of Company Policy.

The exception would be if your dressing as someone violated someone's rights. In which case, you might be sued for damages or prosecuted under the applicable law or statute.

Turkeybird":1ftqu92b said:
If someone wants to dress as hitler or Obama shouldn't it be their right?
Sure, it's your right to dress any way you want to. You can dress up like a deer and walk in the woods during deer season if you want to. It's been done before. Or, like one girl did, wear a turkey head bonnet and crawl in on a turkey caller during turkey season.

Fake outrage, what else is new. Its all the 'news' is built upon these day.

A new plague or major economic crash would do the world some good, give people something worthy to actually worry about.

Megyn is a very highly intelligent person, also a lawyer. Her show was not working out and her contact was written in a way if fired she gets paid. If you will listen close she knew what she was saying and I think she did it knowing it would be the end. Matt Lauer found out quick as soon as she was hired by NBC he hit on the wrong person. She has a top lawyer on her side and look for at least a 50 million settlement and eventually hired back by FOX. If you will watch close those tears were crocodile tears, easy to see.

jltrent":o35404ri said:
Megyn is a very highly intelligent person, also a lawyer. Her show was not working out and her contact was written in a way if fired she gets paid. If you will listen close she knew what she was saying and I think she did it knowing it would be the end. Matt Lauer found out quick as soon as she was hired by NBC he hit on the wrong person. She has a top lawyer on her side and look for at least a 50 million settlement and eventually hired back by FOX.

I doubt even NBC is not smart enough not to have a non-compete. She may get the money but I doubt she could go back to Fox. NBC would be better served just to pay her for not being on the air. But, I have no idea what the contract says.

Fake outrage, what else is new. Its all the 'news' is built upon these day.

Humans enjoy wallowing in negativity. If there is not something outrageous to wallow in, then someone will "fabricate" something outrageous to entertain them. You just have to roll with it.

The better times are, the more desire there is to accentuate the negative.

The 24 hour news channels add more fuel to the fire than anything, and they dont help much in the way of dividing our country, some people have to be glued to it like a drug, I sure like it better when it was just the 5:00 o'clock news, too many good things happen in our country every day but that doesn't make ratings.

It's not just the 24 hr news channels. 24 hr News is in direct competition with but frequently uses social media and by 'uses' I mean it in a non complimentary fashion. In most issues of the day, social media has a big part to play (We at CT included).

ALACOWMAN":tmy30qjz said:
Turkeybird":tmy30qjz said:
If someone wants to dress as hitler or Obama shouldn't it be their right.
"""Unfortunately"" yes. it's their right too dress as mass killers..and a nation killer...
Well Halloween is supposed to be scary

Latest posts