Meet Kate :)

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks everyone !!! :tiphat:

I forgot how often a puppy pees , geesh :roll: She is really good during the night though , usually sleeps right through .

red angus ,I think the only thing Nikki likes about the puppy so far is her food . ;-)

Ahhhh....she's a beauty queen! I like her nose. She sounds like she's a winner! With her behavior when bored, I'm sure she's going to be one heck of a working dog when she grows up.

I hope she and Nikki will bond and be able to work well together.

Congrats Hillsdown! Enjoy.....when she sleeps and plays. ;)

Katherine <-------------(whose husband calls her Kate)

Thanks Katherine and TN !

I hope that they will bond soon too . Maybe when they can be out together and around the cattle ,that seems like forever right now but it is hard to believe that it will be one year ago tomorrow, March 21st ,that Nikki had liver shunt surgery and I didn't know if I would see her again . We are truly blessed that everything turned out so amazingly well for her .

I think I need to get Kate more toys , there is a reason why you either kennel BC's or keep them busy . :help:

hillsdown":2fiii1yy said:
Thanks Katherine and TN !

I hope that they will bond soon too . Maybe when they can be out together and around the cattle ,that seems like forever right now but it is hard to believe that it will be one year ago tomorrow, March 21st ,that Nikki had liver shunt surgery and I didn't know if I would see her again . We are truly blessed that everything turned out so amazingly well for her .

I think I need to get Kate more toys , there is a reason why you either kennel BC's or keep them busy . :help:
One of my Cats had a liver shunt op and he lived for 13 years after the op, and we were told he would only live `til he was five. So we had 8 good years over the odds with him. Glad to see her looking so good.

I think Kate is finally wearing Nikki down , they actually played together tonight . :D
1544421_10202683011173148_1994555734_n_zpseaf95366.jpg

Real nice dogs. I guess I'm old school but I cringe when I see dogs/cats inside. It was beat into me early on that "an animal's place is outside"

hillsdown":19taeuhp said:
I think Kate is finally wearing Nikki down , they actually played together tonight . :D
1544421_10202683011173148_1994555734_n_zpseaf95366.jpg

If I die and come back as a Border Collie and I cannot live in my house - can I come and live in yours?

You treat yours as good as we do and that means I get to work and play and eat good and sleep pretty much anywhere I want!

I promise to learn to be house broken quickly and I will not chew on the wood chairs in your house the way ALL of them have done at MY house! LOL

Cheers

Bez

Lazy M you are missing out on one of life's greatest unconditional loves of a true companion that is by your side always .

LOL ,Bez .Kate spends a lot of timeouts in the kennel , she is more than a handful and loves living in a log home :devil2: .Hopefully it can be sanded out and touched up, they sure do love to chew . :roll:

JIC anyone is wondering what kind of torture we are putting her through in a kennel tshe gets to spend time in the big kennel we had done up specifically for Nikki after her FHR surgery and had a specialty mattress and blankets custom made for it . ;-)

Nikki is helping to teach our little "angel" some manners .
10172686_10202718787587536_163677582_n_zpsfff619ae.jpg

hillsdown said:
Lazy M you are missing out on one of life's greatest unconditional loves of a true companion that is by your side always."

Not really, I married my true companion, and she's no dog..

Lazy M":1zwlhd9u said:
Real nice dogs. I guess I'm old school but I cringe when I see dogs/cats inside. It was beat into me early on that "an animal's place is outside"

I have pictures from the late 1800's of my XXX however many times Grandfather in a pub in the UK with his Border Collie under his table, and XXX however many times Grandfather in Newfoundland with his three Border Collies sitting by the woodstove in the house and pictures of my Grandfather after the WW1 with his Wolf Hounds and Border Collies in the kitchen by the wood stove and my father playing by an open fire in the living room in the late 1930's with his big hounds and two Border Collies - seems they were all taken in the winter but the one I like the most is Dad sleeping on his hounds as a boy of about 6 years old - he fell asleep in the kitchen with the dogs on the limestone floor - in the back you can see the trees are fully leafed out.

So I would have to disagree with the "old school" and just say it was "beat into you" - seems dogs have been in the house for centuries. LOL

Cheers

Bez

Bez__":300gdq0m said:
Lazy M":300gdq0m said:

I have pictures from the late 1800's of my XXX however many times Grandfather in a pub in the UK with his Border Collie under his table, and XXX however many times Grandfather in Newfoundland with his three Border Collies sitting by the woodstove in the house and pictures of my Grandfather after the WW1 with his Wolf Hounds and Border Collies in the kitchen by the wood stove and my father playing by an open fire in the living room in the late 1930's with his big hounds and two Border Collies - seems they were all taken in the winter but the one I like the most is Dad sleeping on his hounds as a boy of about 6 years old - he fell asleep in the kitchen with the dogs on the limestone floor - in the back you can see the trees are fully leafed out.

So I would have to disagree with the "old school" and just say it was "beat into you" - seems dogs have been in the house for centuries. LOL

Cheers

Bez
I guess you're right. I think that that is where the term "3 dog night" came from.
Still, my dogs(2 border collies) get pretty funky after working with me feeding pigs and cattle. I'd have to bathe them every day before they would be fit to come inside even if I wanted to bring them in (which I don't).
My dogs don't have any desire to be inside. The few times that they have been inside they were agitated and miserable the whole time.

Latest posts