Fun w/ friends you meet on Facebook!

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
I'm a member on a local FB Farm Exchange page, and through that, have done some good buys/sales/swaps, but most of all have met some very nice, helpful and fun folks in all aspects of ag that I might never have without the page. Today, those of us that weren't working, hunting, helping someone move, at a wedding in KY, or at farmer's markets, got together at one of the member's homes for a farm swap/barter. Swaps only and no $$ allowed to be exchanged. Good time w/ good people, and got acquainted with a few I'd not yet met in person. I unloaded a few things; brought home canned cherries and jams, some fresh garden produce, and electric fence materials. I didn't bring home gates, saddles, gum ball machines, 270 short mag ammo (don't have what uses it), or frozen chickens! Was fun!

We have 2 local FB pages devoted to farm stuff, one for tack/equine, a hay page, a recipe swap page, firearms page, all-things hunting page, diy page . . . lots of fun stuff. And have also met great people via those pages.

I have always been told to steer clear of meeting up with people from FB that I don't know. sounds like you have found a few friends from it, but I'd still be wary.

Kathie in Thorp":2s5torv0 said:
I'm a member on a local FB Farm Exchange page, and through that, have done some good buys/sales/swaps, but most of all have met some very nice, helpful and fun folks in all aspects of ag that I might never have without the page. Today, those of us that weren't working, hunting, helping someone move, at a wedding in KY, or at farmer's markets, got together at one of the member's homes for a farm swap/barter. Swaps only and no $$ allowed to be exchanged. Good time w/ good people, and got acquainted with a few I'd not yet met in person. I unloaded a few things; brought home canned cherries and jams, some fresh garden produce, and electric fence materials. I didn't bring home gates, saddles, gum ball machines, 270 short mag ammo (don't have what uses it), or frozen chickens! Was fun!

We have 2 local FB pages devoted to farm stuff, one for tack/equine, a hay page, a recipe swap page, firearms page, all-things hunting page, diy page . . . lots of fun stuff. And have also met great people via those pages.

Underlined=You're killin me here Kathie. Ya passed up the "good stuff".

Chrisy, in most instances, I would agree with you. But these are relatively small groups and mostly local people in our small community. I've had transactions with many of them (bought their steers, or hay, or fencing or something; or sold them beef or eggs or sweeper brushes or something) and the few I hadn't yet met at the get-together were known by someone else I know. If this was Seattle or Portland, I would totally agree! Greybeard, the gate inventory here is fine right now, already have a couple more saddles than needed and (I'm surprised, but) we don't have anything that shoots the 270 ammo.

I was told to avoid meeting people in person people from the internet too. But When Angus Cowman and his gate opener invited us to come down and stay overnight at their house, I took the chance... She turned out to be normal.

KMacGinley":gzk0cn4o said:
I was told to avoid meeting people in person people from the internet too. But When Angus Cowman and his gate opener invited us to come down and stay overnight at their house, I took the chance... She turned out to be normal.

Despite popular opinion Inyati is relatively normal as well. Met him in September.

TennesseeTuxedo":7e56g973 said:
KMacGinley":7e56g973 said:

Despite popular opinion Inyati is relatively normal as well. Met him in September.

Normal is a relative term.

Latest posts