Don't Meet Someone to settle a score!

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":2vaq947b said:
Caustic Burno":2vaq947b said:
If you want to talk a real injustice the murder or innocent men, women, and children at Waco by Janet Reno.
What crime did those people commit other than being different. The sheriff dealt with Koresh (sp) from time to time and he would come in when called. They was no reason to show up and endanger those women and children when the government could have picked him up anytime in town.

It still be nice me off CB. If they wanted Koresh, the sheriff could have taken him at any time. There was no need to kill those children.

Everything else in this thread is talk. inyati I hope you never face a life or death situation or have to live with the outcome. Your hero had to live with it. He also knew it wasn't like killing a copperhead.
Is being penned down by two men firing high powered rifles at you enough of a life and death situation?
The outcome was three of us sneaking out of a deadly situation and going back with Federal
Marshalls. But thanks for your concern!

tncattle":147uo8by said:
If this was really in Hazard county Ky. where was Boss Hog and Roscoe?!?!

Probably setting up a road block.

I should have clarified my statement. Didn't mean to suggest folks around here were meaner than Cleon. I was referencing the action he took in that particular encounter.

Kinda off course here, but you know how the books and movies put a glamorous spin on the old gunslingers of the wild west? News of shootouts traveled and reputations were formed. I read somewhere that there were a lot of people shot in the back during that era. I think Billy the Kid was a back shooter. I read where he carried a squirrel rifle a lot.

fitz

tncattle":36f251zd said:

The show "Dukes of Hazzard" fictional setting was "Hazzard County, Georgia". I just looked it up. But there is an annual celebration in the City of Hazard, KY , Perry County called "The Black Gold Festival" to commemorate coal as the center piece of the economy. The stars of the show are elder folks now and some may be deceased but at one time several of them would make an appearance at the celebration. I see that the Dukes of Hazzard's cars were on display at the last festival.

fitz":jgkxymr1 said:
tncattle":jgkxymr1 said:

Probably setting up a road block.

I should have clarified my statement. Didn't mean to suggest folks around here were meaner than Cleon. I was referencing the action he took in that particular encounter.

Kinda off course here, but you know how the books and movies put a glamorous spin on the old gunslingers of the wild west? News of shootouts traveled and reputations were formed. I read somewhere that there were a lot of people shot in the back during that era. I think Billy the Kid was a back shooter. I read where he carried a squirrel rifle a lot.

fitz

fitz, you got it right above when you pointed out that Cleon could train dogs to guard him and then shoot the gun out of their hand. I got your meaning. When you are engaged in the use of lethal force and your life is at risk, who is so innocent-minded to hold to a policy of lets make this an equal, fair encounter? When engaged in the use of lethal force, use every advantage and means possible to put the odds in your favor. Go take some of the best Defensive pistol training out there and see what they tell you. It is not jousting and we are not Knights of the Roundtable.

You should hear this guy teach defensive pistol:
http://www.thunderranchinc.com/director.html

inyati13":2ffenio7 said:
backhoeboogie":2ffenio7 said:
Caustic Burno":2ffenio7 said:
If you want to talk a real injustice the murder or innocent men, women, and children at Waco by Janet Reno.
What crime did those people commit other than being different. The sheriff dealt with Koresh (sp) from time to time and he would come in when called. They was no reason to show up and endanger those women and children when the government could have picked him up anytime in town.

It still be nice me off CB. If they wanted Koresh, the sheriff could have taken him at any time. There was no need to kill those children.

Everything else in this thread is talk. inyati I hope you never face a life or death situation or have to live with the outcome. Your hero had to live with it. He also knew it wasn't like killing a copperhead.
Is being penned down by two men firing high powered rifles at you enough of a life and death situation?
The outcome was three of us sneaking out of a deadly situation and going back with Federal
Marshalls. But thanks for your concern!

The only outcome I would have enjoyed if all the Gestapo had been shot.
There were just allegations and those people were attacked by representatives of the US government for being different.
A lot of people on this board fall under the same category today.
There was no cause that can come to my mind that you attack American women and children with an Bradley Army flame thrower tank by the American government. Reno had to end the mess because everyone was starting to figure out she screwed up.
Anyone involved with that is guilty of murder of 75 innocent American citizen's.
They had the right to defend themselves from tyranny and they paid the ultimate price.

If someone can explain the reason it would be necessary to use a flame thrower tank to kill women and children on a compound that was under siege get after it.

inyati13":38v9b41k said:
fitz, you got it right above when you pointed out that Cleon could train dogs to guard him and then shoot the gun out of their hand. I got your meaning. When you are engaged in the use of lethal force and your life is at risk, who is so innocent-minded to hold to a policy of lets make this an equal, fair encounter? When engaged in the use of lethal force, use every advantage and means possible to put the odds in your favor. Go take some of the best Defensive pistol training out there and see what they tell you. It is not jousting and we are not Knights of the Roundtable.

You should hear this guy teach defensive pistol:
http://www.thunderranchinc.com/director.html

Does he teach to sit in a car and shoot people in cold blood over something they said? I'll bet not--he's neither moron nor coward..

Here's a modern day Cleon Begley--no surprise he is former LEO.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/246681 ... e-shooting

TAMPA, Fla. -
At the bottom right of the screen, prosecutors say this surveillance video shows Curtis Reeves returning to his seat while the victim, Chad Oulson, is off screen.

Reeves appears to stand up towards the victim and objects are thrown.

Authorities say seconds later reeves pulled out a gun and fatally hit Oulson.

The two had reportedly been arguing about Oulson texting his daughter's babysitter.

Reeves left the theater briefly to complain to a theater manager but when he returned the argument escalated

Defense attorneys say Reeves, a retired Tampa cop. fired because he feared for his safety.

No doubt there are people somewhere that will see him as a hero.

The Boston Marathon bombers are probably seen by someone somewhere as heros as well. They saw America as a threat, planned it, planted the bomb, and detonated it from the safety of distance--more modern day Cleons.
High Fives all around!!
People make me vomit.

Greybeard, your last post in this thread included this statement:

People make me vomit.

I am sorry I (People) make you vomit. In the hope that you can end this bout of vomiting, I am providing this for your relief.

1. I am sorry my moral values do not meet your standards.
2. I am a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad boy.
3. Cleon was a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad boy.
4. Greybeard has higher values than Ron and Cleon.
5. I will contact Cleon's family and have his bones exhumed so that they can be packaged and sent UPS to Satan.

Seriously, Greybeard, your slip is showing! ;-) :D

I don't come with a guarantee that if "Ron's values do not perform to your standards" return him to the manufacturer and he will replace him or refund your money.

If this does not stop your bout of vomits, please send me a PM with the message you would like me to place on the forum that would make you feel better.
;-) :D

I have been watching this thread and I decided I need to throw my 2 cents in as well. No one knows how they will respond when a man who has a dangerous reputation with nothing to lose threatens you. I will make the admission openly that I am in law enforcement and I know I will be dam*ed by some on here because of that. A fellow law enforcement officer made an arrest on two drug dealing thugs that were known for their ill reguard for property and life in our area. They told him that they would get him. Well guess what, they made bond which everyone has a right to unless its murder or the like, and yes the judge knew about the threat.
Two days later his home was shot up while he, his wife, and infant daughter were inside. No one was injured, but how do you think he looks at threats now? If they are dead set on settling the score, you can bet that no law, or piece of paper that says to stay away, is going to work.

I'm betting, if he's a good lawman, he doesn't go down to their level--go out, hunt them down, lay in ambush and murder them---no matter what. IF, he's a good lawman, and I presume he is.

ifarm26":35izzdtx said:
I have been watching this thread and I decided I need to throw my 2 cents in as well. No one knows how they will respond when a man who has a dangerous reputation with nothing to lose threatens you. I will make the admission openly that I am in law enforcement and I know I will be dam*ed by some on here because of that. A fellow law enforcement officer made an arrest on two drug dealing thugs that were known for their ill reguard for property and life in our area. They told him that they would get him. Well guess what, they made bond which everyone has a right to unless its murder or the like, and yes the judge knew about the threat.
Two days later his home was shot up while he, his wife, and infant daughter were inside. No one was injured, but how do you think he looks at threats now? If they are dead set on settling the score, you can bet that no law, or piece of paper that says to stay away, is going to work.

Your 2 cents are very much appreciated ifarm26.

Thank you for serving in law enforcement and helping to uphold our laws.

TennesseeTuxedo":5vgnsg6h said:
ifarm26":5vgnsg6h said:

Your 2 cents are very much appreciated ifarm26.

Thank you for serving in law enforcement and helping to uphold our laws.
I fully echo that sentiment, especially the 2nd part.

Devil's Advocate here...

Does the good cop sit by and wait for the system to work and risk his family dying in the next episode, or does he play the role of the good family protector and hunt the scum down and eliminate the threat?

slick4591":1nn0b1gx said:
Devil's Advocate here...

Does the good cop sit by and wait for the system to work and risk his family dying in the next episode, or does he play the role of the good family protector and hunt the scum down and eliminate the threat?

I only know what I would do.

slick4591":1ke8oyj5 said:
Devil's Advocate here...

I thought ole Cleon handled it just about right. The scumbag made his threat and Cleon set the when and where. The ball was then back in the scumbag's court and he chose to show up.

Game, set, match.

slick4591":2mhwx5tm said:
Devil's Advocate here...

Define threat.
Implied? Inferred? Percieved? Imagined? Definite beyond reasonable doubt?

What will the good cop tell a civilian to do in the same scenario?

What does the LAW say?

And what if the good cop is wrong and the threat was non existent except in his mind?

TennesseeTuxedo":q1ryzlbc said:
slick4591":q1ryzlbc said:
Devil's Advocate here...

I thought ole Cleon handled it just about right. The scumbag made his threat and Cleon set the when and where. The ball was then back in the scumbag's court and he chose to show up.

Game, set, match.
Dead men tell no tales.

Unless proven otherwise, (and the op did not state such) the now bushwacked dead man was in a place he had a right to be, at a time he a right to be there, doing something he had a right to do (sitting in his car) and was murdered in cold blood for it.
/\ THAT, is all we actually know--all else is hearsay, and speculation.