medina gate

Help Support CattleToday:

pits4life

Reaction score
I hear alot of people refering to a medina gate ,I have searched the internet and cannot find anything about this or how to build it ,I am not familar with the rodeos and whats there .... I might be missing the boat on this but i am needing some way to work calves cheaply ,i know i can use gate and pin them but i am interested in this subject if anyone can lead me in the right direction would be appreciated.....

That is a good example. The gates can be in all different types of configurations - right down to the type you see at the rodeo when riggins are placed on the bull and a rider gets on the back - they work and work well. I'd rather use a medina than a squeeze for many common procedures. Cattle seem much calmer in a medina.

I couldn't find a pic on my phone but picture a 10' alley. In the alley are two gates, chute width apart, that close perpendicular to the alley. When open they lay flat with the chute side then you close one, then animal turns side ways in the alley, and close the other.

Thank you Brute23. I kind of figured but couldn't tell from other's descriptions. You made it easy. So it's Pretty much the same setup as the Bry Chute I see advertised. Two heavy gates will be much cheaper and have the same result. Thanks again.

Latest posts