maniac drivers

Help Support CattleToday:

danl

Reaction score
last week a neighbor called and asked if my cows were in my lower south field, because someone had wiped out my fence.
Luckily they weren't down there.

I went to fix it and some idiot had ran thru the intersection and took out my corner posts. These were railroad ties 3 feet in concrete. He snapped them off level with the ground, knocked over a 4" cedar tree and wiped out 30' of 5 strand barb wire on the other side. And I suppose drove off.

He must have been driving a tank.
To make things better, I have poison ivy from cleaning up the mess...

Shi- happens and it happens here about once a month.
It's all a part of the cattle business just like cold feet in the winter and sunburn in the summer.
SL

john i love that! Sounds about like me driving! ;)

Sorry about your fence, I pray for people like that....whatever happen is pretty messed up that they would just drive off that is sad. Maybe my parents just raised me to be to honest but that is nuts. Regardless, it will come back on them God handles stuff like that in funny ways but he does take care of it. ;)

We have a "rodeo-er" neighbor who decided to have a "music festival" one weekend. He mainly makes money on all the college kids coming out to get drunk. One drove through my fence and took out 3 T-posts; the next day one threw out a cigarette and set the right of way on fire at almost the same spot (in the middle of our worst dry spell). Then another cigarette fire on the road on my next door neighbor's property, and the 3rd day one took out 150 ft. of another neighbor's fence. They caught that one. Mine just left me a souvenir, a midnight blue door panel that says "Mustang" on it. After a little creative surgery, I hung it on the repaired fence. Looks real nice.

Latest posts