Here's one for you truck drivers

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Uh yeah tin lizzie, I left Bangor Maine yesterday around 9, gonna be in LA tonight if this old rig holds together--got the hammer down and I'm Movin On...................Uh, come back tin lizzie, I got a little problem here--could ya swing off the 4 lane and give me a ride? Don't think I'm gonna make it into LA after all.

[youtube]i9xfcyJGCpQ[/youtube]

greybeard":3ko32vxw said:
ALACOWMAN":3ko32vxw said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNgeu7i6eOk
Being a flatlander, I had never seen or heard of one of these:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-480Ahst-ZfI/U ... gle_01.JPG
we got plenty around here...dont look like it would stop you. but you will bury in it like a sand flea. friend of mine watched a state trooper catch a speeder going the other direction the trooper stops and backs on one to turn around and sunk it

Here's the rest of the story behind the "flying" truck wreck.
Fiery crash caught on camera
Updated: Friday, 02 Aug 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 02 Aug 2013, 8:15 AM EDT

GREENSBURG, Ind. (WISH) - A semi heading east on Interstate 74 near the U.S. 421 exit lost control, crossed into the other lanes, crashed and caught fire Thursday.

And the whole thing was caught on video.

Police say the semi, driven by Ryan Young, 30, of Owenton, Ky., was forced off the road by another vehicle. The vehicle was drifting into the semi's lane.

Young swerved to avoid the other vehicle and ran off the side of the interstate, drove up a hill and through the guardrail. The semi continued east and drove through the air through the U.S. 421 interchange, hit another guardrail. The impact tore off the fuel tanks causing it to ignite.

Young suffered facial and head injuries. His 7-year-old son, who was a passenger, had a few scratches.

The accident happened around 1:39 p.m. Thursday.

Police continued to investigate the crash on Friday.

Probably saved the life of the people in the swerving car, while putting his own (and his son's) life at risk.

greybeard":m5x1uwov said:
Here's the rest of the story behind the "flying" truck wreck.
Fiery crash caught on camera
Updated: Friday, 02 Aug 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 02 Aug 2013, 8:15 AM EDT

GREENSBURG, Ind. (WISH) - A semi heading east on Interstate 74 near the U.S. 421 exit lost control, crossed into the other lanes, crashed and caught fire Thursday.

And the whole thing was caught on video.

Police say the semi, driven by Ryan Young, 30, of Owenton, Ky., was forced off the road by another vehicle. The vehicle was drifting into the semi's lane.

Young swerved to avoid the other vehicle and ran off the side of the interstate, drove up a hill and through the guardrail. The semi continued east and drove through the air through the U.S. 421 interchange, hit another guardrail. The impact tore off the fuel tanks causing it to ignite.

Young suffered facial and head injuries. His 7-year-old son, who was a passenger, had a few scratches.

The accident happened around 1:39 p.m. Thursday.

Police continued to investigate the crash on Friday.

Probably saved the life of the people in the swerving car, while putting his own (and his son's) life at risk.
those natural reflexes can be costly,, thank God the little boy wasnt hurt bad, and the dad killed..

ALACOWMAN":3tlhwbly said:
greybeard":3tlhwbly said:
ALACOWMAN":3tlhwbly said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNgeu7i6eOk
Being a flatlander, I had never seen or heard of one of these:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-480Ahst-ZfI/U ... gle_01.JPG
we got plenty around here...dont look like it would stop you. but you will bury in it like a sand flea. friend of mine watched a state trooper catch a speeder going the other direction the trooper stops and backs on one to turn around and sunk it

I saw one in Idaho that was paved. It look like it was long enough and steep enough to stop you, but I could not figure out what you did to keep it from rolling back down after you got stopped. I guess you just jumped out and let the truck go back down.

hillbilly beef man":3lnqd8tt said:
I saw one in Idaho that was paved. It look like it was long enough and steep enough to stop you, but I could not figure out what you did to keep it from rolling back down after you got stopped.
Throw it in double low gear and set the parking brake. If it still rolls back, steer it into a jackknife.
I guess you just jumped out and let the truck go back down.
That's what that guy that crashed the truck in the video would have done.

Amy truck driving I have had to only use one of those runn-offs one time. Was over in Ashville North Carolina on Black Mountain.
I was headed east going to Danville Va.
And I am here to tell you that sand will deff stop a truck.
I hit it running about 80 mph and I bet I didn't go 120ft.
It will also pin you to the steering wheel.
And purty dam expensive to have your rig pulled out. :nod:

Cal

Latest posts