MANDITORY vaccination for STD cancer

Help Support CattleToday:

Tod Dague":3nh71xem said:
*Cowgirl*":3nh71xem said:
does anybody know the long term affect? We were all spose to get the chicken pox vaccine so now we learn that it doesn't last. so we get it 10 times worse later....
I'm sorry but I haven't followed the whole chicken pox thing. Just wondering how we get it 10 times worse?

Childhood diseases that are caught as an adult have a nasty tendancy to be much, much harder on the individual, take much longer to get over, and carry a higher risk of lasting repercussions (for lack of a better word). I don't know why. I believe Ranchwife is a nurse, maybe she could explain it?

msscamp":1gnkg745 said:
Tod Dague":1gnkg745 said:
*Cowgirl*":1gnkg745 said:
does anybody know the long term affect? We were all spose to get the chicken pox vaccine so now we learn that it doesn't last. so we get it 10 times worse later....
I'm sorry but I haven't followed the whole chicken pox thing. Just wondering how we get it 10 times worse?

Childhood diseases that are caught as an adult have a nasty tendancy to be much, much harder on the individual, take much longer to get over, and carry a higher risk of lasting repercussions (for lack of a better word). I don't know why. I believe Ranchwife is a nurse, maybe she could explain it?
Got it, wasn't thinking. :oops:

Dusty Britches":1z8lv1jo said:
Perry has some relatives that are on the Board for Merek, too.

I think this is too big brotherish. Where does he get off telling us we have to vaccinate our school girls for a sexually transmitted disease?

That was what my son told me. This isn't measles or chicken poxs, this is an STD. And while I think that if I had a daughter I would probably get her vaccinated because of the cancer protection, it isn't any of the State's business whether I do or don't. It isn't communicable through casual contact like the flu.

Why don't we have to get our kids flu vaccines ever year? There are schools in Texas that are closing because of all the sick kids. That is something to consider.

The whole vaccine issue is a joke anyway. You don't have to get your kids their shots. You can say it against your religious beliefs. I think it is irresponsible not to do so, especially when I can go to any old cemetery and it is full of the graves of children who died from illnesses that we can easily prevent now.

Lammie":3muqbbus said:
Dusty Britches":3muqbbus said:
Perry has some relatives that are on the Board for Merek, too.

I think this is too big brotherish. Where does he get off telling us we have to vaccinate our school girls for a sexually transmitted disease?

That was what my son told me. This isn't measles or chicken poxs, this is an STD. And while I think that if I had a daughter I would probably get her vaccinated because of the cancer protection, it isn't any of the State's business whether I do or don't. It isn't communicable through casual contact like the flu.

Why don't we have to get our kids flu vaccines ever year? There are schools in Texas that are closing because of all the sick kids. That is something to consider.

The whole vaccine issue is a joke anyway. You don't have to get your kids their shots. You can say it against your religious beliefs. I think it is irresponsible not to do so, especially when I can go to any old cemetery and it is full of the graves of children who died from illnesses that we can easily prevent now.
All my kids are vaccinated but I personally have my doubts as to the effectiveness lammie. The closed a whole school down not far from here. I think I remember they had several hundred?? cases of whooping cough. All of the children had to be vaccinated to enter school. I think all those grave yards are full of kids with illnesses we can now cure, not prevent.

I don't know, ollie. Kids used to die from measles, chicken pox, diptheria, polio... All those are viral deseases that can be vaccinated to prevent. You hardly ever hear of anyone getting measles any more. Just isolated cases. I had them when I was a kid and I can remember how sick I got. I missed almost three weeks of school. That was in 1970. I had been vaccinated for rubella, but I got another kind of measles anyway. I guess you can't stop everything, but it sure does cut down on it.

If women got cervical cancer from getting coughed on, then that would be different. But the virus that causes a lot forms of this cancer is sexually transmitted. I think it would be about the same as saying that girls have to start getting a Depo Provera shot every three months to stay in school so they won't get pregnant. You can't mandate that sort of thing. Whether or not to protect our daughters from cancer seems to be a no-brainer, but it is still a decision for families, not the State.

Just MHO. I don't even have any daughters. Just a grown step daughter who is old enough to decide on her own.

Lammie":1qu5txg0 said:
I don't know, ollie. Kids used to die from measles, chicken pox, diptheria, polio... All those are viral deseases that can be vaccinated to prevent. You hardly ever hear of anyone getting measles any more. Just isolated cases. I had them when I was a kid and I can remember how sick I got. I missed almost three weeks of school. That was in 1970. I had been vaccinated for rubella, but I got another kind of measles anyway. I guess you can't stop everything, but it sure does cut down on it.

If women got cervical cancer from getting coughed on, then that would be different. But the virus that causes a lot forms of this cancer is sexually transmitted. I think it would be about the same as saying that girls have to start getting a Depo Provera shot every three months to stay in school so they won't get pregnant. You can't mandate that sort of thing. Whether or not to protect our daughters from cancer seems to be a no-brainer, but it is still a decision for families, not the State.

Just MHO. I don't even have any daughters. Just a grown step daughter who is old enough to decide on her own.
Lammie, I think you are right. You have made a very intelligent post, in my opinion. I knew you had it in you. :clap: :clap:

Why, thank you, Ryder. That means a lot coming from a cultured wampus cat hunter like yourself.

Latest posts