MANDITORY vaccination for STD cancer

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Texas govonor R.Perry desided all girls 11 and up are to get this vaccine. So,what do you think? The vaccination is for 4 virus types,does nothing for the other ones..Did Perry overstep his bounds??(By the way,Merk,the manufactor of the vaccine was a MAJOR contributer to Perrys campaine)

Some people are aginst the vaccination,saying it it a MORAL choice...

My thoughts.... A girl can be a virgin on her wedding night,new husband got drunk at the bachlor party "friends"threw.Had sex with "entertanment" "friends" hired ..doesn't even remember doing anything..Wife dies 20 years later of the cervical cancer he infected her with on the wedding night.So who do you blame??

Peg, I think I just read that Perry was "convinced" to rescind that edict...thank goodness! Talk about Big Brother! My main fear...what about side effects? Has it been tested long enough to make certain there are none. And dang...now I can understand all the childhood vaccinations required for school, all the stuff that's so airborne contagious, but this? When I read Perry had taken it upon himself to mandate this, my blood ran cold.

Alice

Perry has some relatives that are on the Board for Merek, too.

I think this is too big brotherish. Where does he get off telling us we have to vaccinate our school girls for a sexually transmitted disease?

does anybody know the long term affect? We were all spose to get the chicken pox vaccine so now we learn that it doesn't last. so we get it 10 times worse later....

See,I don't like the way he did it---But----to prevent cancer---- Gads,I'm glad I don't have to make this desision....
I do believe the matter needs much more study- side effects,such. The way the govrnment has been playing fast-'n-loose with scientific papers,I just can't trust 'em.

I heard today that the guy who is the lobbiest for Merk was Perry's former chief-of-staff. Reckon that had anything to do with his edict?????

We've all seen worse mandates. It is not easy to swallow anything that is mandated. This is just another one to add to the list. It could be a good thing.

The real problem is they don't know if the vaccine will last anyway. They are thinking now that there will be boosters required. Much like tetanus.

I think its a good idea, but should be a choice. Sort of like helmet laws for adults.

I doubt it has anything to do with Perry really caring about cervical cancer, rather getting kick backs from his pals at Merk. Kind of like Haliburton getting all those lucrative contracts in the middle east.

3MR":nlx1r4bm said:
I think its a good idea, but should be a choice. Sort of like helmet laws for adults.

Parents have the option. They can opt their daughters out of getting the vaccine.

Ryan":23pi6bat said:
3MR":23pi6bat said:

Parents have the option. They can opt their daughters out of getting the vaccine.

Thats the way it should be.

MD

3MR":by1fjk4p said:
...so I dont see what the big deal is.

i dont either. i guess its that there is the thought of govt. making people do something... i dont know

I'm not for requiring any Vaccines. But I do believe that vaccines on the whole do more good than bad.

*Cowgirl*":ky0fhsh7 said:
does anybody know the long term affect? We were all spose to get the chicken pox vaccine so now we learn that it doesn't last. so we get it 10 times worse later....
I'm sorry but I haven't followed the whole chicken pox thing. Just wondering how we get it 10 times worse?

Ryan":i2wsnlzw said:
3MR":i2wsnlzw said:
...so I dont see what the big deal is.

i dont either. i guess its that there is the thought of govt. making people do something... i dont know

It is by choice now. 3 days ago Perry mandated that by the year 2008, all 6th grade girls in Texas shall be vaccinated. Didn't go over very well...and he's rescinded it.

http://blogs.chron.com/texaspolitics/ar ... resci.html

Alice

I was under the impression the parents could have opted their daughters out of it all along... i learned about this over the weekend (either sat. night or sunday).. and the article states that they called on Gov. Perry Monday morning.

I could be wrong, just passing along what i understood. I got my information from a Junior High vice-principal

I am not defending Perry at all, in fact I do not like him at all. The fact is that he received only $5000 from Merck. That is just a pittance. I remember when polio was pretty comman. Then a vaccine came available that all but wiped it out. Also small pox. Maybe Perry with his edict will save countless lives in the long run. This could be debated for years , remmember this bunch is Austin does not get hardly anything done, all you have to do is look at thier record. Sometimes someone has to take the lead. I sometimes wonder if Moses had to get everything approved by a committee, if the children of Isreal would still be in bondage in Eygpt.

hurleyjd":288n9g10 said:
I am not defending Perry at all, in fact I do not like him at all. The fact is that he received only $5000 from Merck. That is just a pittance. I remember when polio was pretty comman. Then a vaccine came available that all but wiped it out. Also small pox. Maybe Perry with his edict will save countless lives in the long run. This could be debated for years , remmember this bunch is Austin does not get hardly anything done, all you have to do is look at thier record. Sometimes someone has to take the lead. I sometimes wonder if Moses had to get everything approved by a committee, if the children of Isreal would still be in bondage in Eygpt.

Good post! (One thing they are highly successful at is spending all the nickels they can get their hands on)

I think that at some point a mandatory vaccine would be good. New legislation prevents teachers from educating students about any other form of birth control other than abstinence, lets face it something like 9 out of 10 people have premarital sex. and If they have no source of sex education then how will they know how to protect themselves. If mothers are to afraid to get their children this vaccine because it is brought on by an STD the the only people who will suffer is the child and her future spouse when they cannot have their own children.

BUT this vaccine has spent less than a year on the market and it is not something dire. They need to give it more time before they can start mandating it

Latest posts