Making motel reservations in 2015 . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Trying to make motel reservations in USA today. A Rodeway Inn, Oregon. I don't drive at night and 3 old ladies will be doing this trip. Called and talked to a real person (very nice lady) at a Rodeway Inn. Made my reservations: "Can I get a confirmation number?" "My name is Mima -- dat vill be your confirmation nummer." "What -- can you spell that?" "MIMA. Dat iz me." "Umm, can you email that confirmation to me?" "Ve are new to dis, but be assured, your room iz reserd." "Well, can you try to send me a conf. number?" "Ve vill try to do dat."

Hope our room is reserd.

I don't stay when those are the owners. Kinda dirty and they cut corners. I will sleep in the truck if I have to.

Then there is the opposite, where they want your license to scan into their system for any employee anywhere in their network to access.

Anymore I always reserve online so I can print a record of the transaction. We took a 3 week trip from Va to Arizona to Montana and back. We stayed in hotels or cabins almost every night but the only one we had problems with was the one that didn't take online reservations. We get there and the lady says oh sorry we put you down for a different day. They refused to switch dates and I showed my azz and then found another hotel. ;)
we travel fairly often and on our last trip to Key West we tried another method. Driving through south Florida there are only about a million different options for hotels. It was a weekday and so we didn't book anything in advance. We drove until we were tired and picked a hotel. I called from the parking lot and explained to the clerk were traveling through and needing a room. I said if you give me a significant discount I will drive on and stay at your location. Finally he agreed and about that time I walked through the door ready to sign up.

I do mine online. Had to book a room for last Saturday in Oklahoma. Stayed at the Econo Lodge good rates clean room and a good hot breakfast.

greybeard":1f39udxv said:
I would guess Pakistan or India--the red dot on forehead kind--not the feather head dress kind.
Yes, Greybeard. Road trip is done. And yes, the accomodations were so-so. And Mima didn't write down my credit card number correctly when the reservations were made, which may have been a blessing in disguise. WacoCowboy, apparently they aren't hooked up to on-line resesrvations yet -- tried that before calling them. The continental breakfast: raisin bran or cornflakes, OJ, crappy coffee (no de-caf), toaster for either toast or at-least-day-old bagels. The make-it-yourself waffle machine was malfunctioning. We thought it might burn the place down, although it couldn't actually cook a waffle! The in-room coffee machine sparked. Truly, we figured we ought to check out before the smoke started rolling! The place has some "regular" customers who are guys currently on crews doing highway repair/construction. Otherwise, I think there were only half a dozen other paying guests. There were potato chip leavings under the edge of one bed, and loose popcorn under the edge of another bed, so I figured it was fine to clip my toenails over the carpet!

Kathie in Thorp":sx2herya said:
greybeard":sx2herya said:
I would guess Pakistan or India--the red dot on forehead kind--not the feather head dress kind.
Yes, Greybeard. Road trip is done. And yes, the accomodations were so-so. And Mima didn't write down my credit card number correctly when the reservations were made, which may have been a blessing in disguise. WacoCowboy, apparently they aren't hooked up to on-line resesrvations yet -- tried that before calling them. The continental breakfast: raisin bran or cornflakes, OJ, crappy coffee (no de-caf), toaster for either toast or at-least-day-old bagels. The make-it-yourself waffle machine was malfunctioning. We thought it might burn the place down, although it couldn't actually cook a waffle! The in-room coffee machine sparked. Truly, we figured we ought to check out before the smoke started rolling! The place has some "regular" customers who are guys currently on crews doing highway repair/construction. Otherwise, I think there were only half a dozen other paying guests. There were potato chip leavings under the edge of one bed, and loose popcorn under the edge of another bed, so I figured it was fine to clip my toenails over the carpet!

So are you saying that Dennys and the fronts seats in a pickup would have been just as good ? :)

AllForage":31ie4lhd said:
Kathie in Thorp":31ie4lhd said:
greybeard":31ie4lhd said:

So are you saying that Dennys and the fronts seats in a pickup would have been just as good ? :)
Not enough room in the pickup for 3 ladies to do that. But this motel was off the beaten track/near our destination. No Dennys or Perkins or similar nearby. We slept, and we left!

Kathie in Thorp":2b4maq12 said:
greybeard":2b4maq12 said:

That sounds like a 5 star dump.

Latest posts