Making a murderer

Help Support CattleToday:

With as many people that are involved, somebody will make a death bed confession some day.

This is the best thread I've ever read on cattletoday. I'm starting to think Bigfoot and bball are salesmen for Netflix.

ohiosteve":19525tqu said:
This is the best thread I've ever read on cattletoday. I'm starting to think Bigfoot and bball are salesmen for Netflix.

Wish I was getting a cut of that action :lol2:

Bigfoot":1z5ogq1p said:
Wow, I just finished it. I was wanting to start a thread, and thought people would think I was strange for watching. I say they are guilty. I think there is details they didn't put in the documentary. I'm not saying I'm a good judge of character, but the whole family seemed shady to me.

Now I haven't watched any of this, but were they showing actual footage or was it a re-enactment? If it was a re-enactment, there's lots of room for 'artistic liberty' to make people seem as guilty or as innocent as you'd like with a little makeup, etc

Just sayin'

Supa Dexta":2xk0143h said:
it only takes a couple mins to watch the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgbdYaR_KQ

Also there wasn't much texting back in 2007 or whenever this happened, not like today anyways. Thats why you didnt hear much on that.

Here's a good theory, that places time lines in a more believable order

http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/this-c ... heory-yet/

That is an excellent theory. Has some serious bite to it and would exain an awful lot of things that just don't add up...

M-5":1ztqhnwk said:
http://www.unilad.co.uk/tv/making-a-murderer-ken-kratz-sends-steven-avery-ridiculously-inappropriate-letter/

and dateline is doing a 4 part series that is supposed to look at the avery case in one of them

That's strange to. Avery can't profit what happened, or at least I don't think he can. Why would the DA, think that Avery would want to see him profit from it? Just silly.

M-5":zqhdystq said:
http://www.unilad.co.uk/tv/making-a-murderer-ken-kratz-sends-steven-avery-ridiculously-inappropriate-letter/

and dateline is doing a 4 part series that is supposed to look at the avery case in one of them

This guy is some piece of....let's just say 'work'...for the sake of the board.

TennesseeTuxedo":2j8dw0u4 said:
When I was younger I was into all the gruesomeness the human condition could dream up but these days I go out of my way to avoid coarseness of any kind. I absolutely won't watch an "R" rated movie and most times not even PG13. I've been this way since 2007.

I had heard it was a popular show but passed over it as well. After reading this thread, however, decided to give it watch. Because of the nature of how the crime was carried out, it actually makes for a good documentary as there is a lack of evidence to be grossed out with.

Did he do it, did he not? I don't know. I would have hated to have been on that jury. From what was presented, I don't think I could have convicted the guy just based on the involvement of the local sheriff department that stated they were not involved and were not supposed to have been involved, but were the only ones to have found key evidence. To me, if there was a need to restrain their involvement, then I would consider their presence at the crime scene at any time no different than letting John Q Public's free access and therefor a very tainted crime scene.

Is the documentary biased? Probably, but probably equivalent to a judge that gets to decide what is admissible and what is not. Like the one that decided a lawyer should be recused from the kid's case because of his severe incompetency to protect his client, but then allow what was gained from his incompetency to be admissible. Learned long ago, we have a legal system, not a justice system.

It's hard to think about it. Hard to think that a guy lost so much of his life once for a crime he didn't commit. If it happened a second time, I don't know how to wrap my mind around that.

I think it was Bigfoot that mentioned that if your name is associated with trouble enough, that you might pay for something you didn't do. That same logic is why I have a problem with a guilty verdict. The county executive and judicial system showed passive and active corrupt behavior from the bottom to the top previously, why expect something different in this instance. The special prosecutor found to be unethical would only fortify this presumption. I'd probably have to side on shadow of a doubt.

netflix will probably settle out of court with the proviso that "no admission of guilt/we did nothing wrong" .
Lots of precedent for that.

bball":22ahs507 said:
Bigfoot":22ahs507 said:
You make some good points. Especially about the nephew. I offer up, that the nephew is not as slow as he acts. He knew all conversations were taped. He's a product of the system. I bet he used the same act at school to get out of things.

Documentation from his file showed IQ was 73...I really don't think it was an act. He is borderline slow. Reading level of 4th grader. Comprehension probably the same

Having worked around students with low iq for 25 years, it's just something one can't understand unless you are around theses people all the time. Everyone is an
Individual, and iq cant give a set of concrete actions that always occur with that iq number, but there can be some generalities.

I was just discussing recently how it would be terrible if one of my students had to go to court and answer questions. I don't think
Police in my area are trained to deal with low iq people. They just treat them like anyone else and don't realize they can be easily lead in one direction or the other, especially if they seem fairly normal on the surface.

If my principal ever has to talk to one of my students about anything, he always makes sure I'm there to make sure the student understands what is being presented.

Latest posts