Making a murderer

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":2svoj6rl said:
Brought her back, because that was the only place they had. Kid probably did walk in on it. Uncle put the screws to him about the family sticking together. Disturbs me, that he confessed to something the evidence didn't support. Murder sight could have been Lord knows where. I still go back to Steven making so many calls to her from a blocked number. He was infatuated with her. Found out he couldn't have her, and decided nobody else could either then.

Steven making blocked calls was not in documentary was it? Or did I miss it?

I don't think so. I believe I read that somewhere. At least the boy took the stand. Steven never did. I'm also convinced she never left that property alive, no matter who murdered her. Somebody would have seen her if she did. Young girl like that would have made a text or call to.

Bigfoot":zv2kdmui said:
bball":zv2kdmui said:
I feel like after they got the 'confession' from Dassey, the law went out of their way to make the evidence fit his confession. For ex, the single bullet found in the garage 4 months after initial search that had Teresa's DNA on it (placed in garage because Dassey said they killed her in garage???) I wonder if you aren't correct about your idea of how it all happened and the cops did in fact tamper and stage things as well to bring it back to Avery. Both are in fact possible. And would not have been first time LE had done it either..Dash may be right too, the 2 family with alibis for each other may have been involved.

Bullet matched Stevens gun, I find out later. Maybe they shot the gun, retrieved the bullet, and planted the dna. Here's where I'm different than most. I don't think the Leo in this case did that. I don't think the thought of losing a law suit made them want to do it either. County would cover them on a judgement. They also knew a documentary was being made. Why pull something that stupid with people watching?

Interesting points for sure. I thought the county insurance would NOT cover them for their negligence. They were all on their own (impression I had from doc). True, knowing you're being documented would make you hesitate to do something g stupid, but they did in fact do several very stupid things anyhow. Didn't seem to stop them at all. Always seem like they were coming in well after the fact to cover up tracks after info came to light. Documenting things years later in some cases to CYA.

Bigfoot":6vy7fvoj said:
I don't think so. I believe I read that somewhere. At least the boy took the stand. Steven never did. I'm also convinced she never left that property alive, no matter who murdered her. Somebody would have seen her if she did. Young girl like that would have made a text or call to.

Ok, completely agree. I was pretty stunned when he did not take the stand. That did bother me.

It's just so dang hard to imagine someone in his position doing something like that. Just plain stupid. So you think his impulses/passion got the better of him and he lost control? Plausible. He had a certain familiarity with her as she had been there before to take photos.

Just remember the comment by the his brother? that this was the best thing ever . When Steven was convicted. They were going to be personally liable for the law suit. The cover up on the statements year's later points to corruption.

Not sure insurance can just up and decide to not cover a municipality for something. Plus I bet as law enforcement officers they have some professional origination that covers them with insurance. Just a guess, I don't know for sure. I'm still open to the possibility that they were framed,and just really stupid. It's a possibility. If that's what happened, I feel sorry for them.

We had a murder occur here about 25 yrs ago that has never been solved its widely known who done it and the cover up by the sheriffs dept because of a family members involvement in the murder. The sheriff and several deputies in Manitowoc county are just as guilty

M-5":2bto526a said:
Just remember the comment by the his brother? that this was the best thing ever . When Steven was convicted. They were going to be personally liable for the law suit. The cover up on the statements year's later points to corruption.

Please.explain more/jog my memory? Thanks

I'm also reminded of something my dad used to say. If your name comes in foolishness very often, people will just assume you are a fool. His name had came up in some pretty foolish things.

Bigfoot":22r3zuxy said:
Not sure insurance can just up and decide to not cover a municipality for something. Plus I bet as law enforcement officers they have some professional origination that covers them with insurance. Just a guess, I don't know for sure. I'm still open to the possibility that they were framed,and just really stupid. It's a possibility. If that's what happened, I feel sorry for them.

Many LEO can carry private liability insurance incase you violate someone's civil rights. Back in the 90s, carried $1 million dollars worth. Wouldn't do chit in today's world. I also knew several guys that didn't carry any.

Where was the blood from the crime scene? Why was evidence tampered? Why did the deputy have her car keys? The pictures show the keys were not there when the started investigating the trailer. Testimony backed up that the keys were not there. If they were planted like I think they were then the Leo killed her.

At the time of Halbach's murder, the mustachioed Tadych was dating Barb Janda, the sister of Steven Avery who lived next door to him (they're now married). Janda is the mother of Bobby, Blaine, Bryan, and Brendan Dassey. In the series, Tadych delivers a strange statement to the press the day after Avery's conviction, saying, "What happened yesterday is the best thing in the world," adding, "He got what he got comin' to him."

According to Avery's court filing, Tadych's "previous experiences with the court system show him to be a violent and impulsive person, particularly towards women." In 1994, Manitowoc County charged him with criminal trespass and battery, with the complaint alleging that Tadych visited the home of Constance Welnetz at 3 a.m., knocking on her bedroom window. Welnetz was asleep with a man named Martin LeClair, and as she called the police, Tadych is alleged to have walked into her home and told her, "You will die for this, bitch." Then, LeClair went outside to confront Tadych and Tadych struck him, knocking him briefly unconscious.

It was his brother in law

Yaw got me leaning yaws way, but to for me to change my thoughts, I'd have to believe the police framed him. I watched an interview with his lawyers years later. They didn't think he was framed, it was just the only defense they could present.

M-5":1xw9ax01 said:
He is the one t ha t alibi out with Stevens nephew I think and the testified with exact times. It was very rehearsed imo

Those two were brainiacs compared to the rest of the family.

M-5":8d25hmv9 said:
He is the one t ha t alibi out with Stevens nephew I think and the testified with exact times. It was very rehearsed imo

Thank you for the fill in. I remember that now, documentary didn't spend much time on him it seemed. I agree with your assessment. Those 2 seemed very very rehearsed. Artificial.

Do you think he(brother in law) was involved in her murder? Or do you think the police in fact murdered her?

M-5":85q43h0v said:
The excused jury guy , that said he really believed he was innocent and appeared distraught that be had to leave deliberations and he was convicted

That jurors statements I found very compelling. You could almost feel his pain. That's something that really struck me, how 7 of those jurors initially were ready to say not guilty, right from the start of jury deliberation.

It's either or imo. I lean more to Leo,s doing it based on their suspicious activity. Now if they didn't do it and it was truly done in the junk yrd , the bil has more history on harming women and the Leo's only wanted Steven to take the fall.

M-5":p33758bv said:
It's either or imo. I lean more to Leo,s doing it based on their suspicious activity. Now if they didn't do it and it was truly done in the junk yrd , the bil has more history on harming women and the Leo's only wanted Steven to take the fall.

Same here. Avery had a criminal past, but nothing I saw was sexual predation of women. Leo very dirty going all the way back to 85.

Latest posts