Making a mountain out of a mole hill

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgv4

Reaction score
What's the big deal with the several that are leaving? Are you just threatening so that people will beg you to stay and you become the center of attention?

Your leaving because people were joking around and getting along in one of the topics. I much rather see people getting along, then, people being talked down to. If you didn't like the subject matter, don't read it.

Yet, when other's, (who shall remain nameless, but I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about) belittle people, call them names and pick and try to start fights with every post, you don't threaten to leave?

Is it because your set in your ways and don't like change? Don't like not being the center of attention? Grow up. Get a life.

I say see ya and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

youve made some good points tonight rgv4. here are some of my thoughts on the situation:

I personally did not find the post offensive. my generation is one that talks about such topics freely and openly. i can see why some would be a little perturbed, especially those with children who might be on here. However, any kid 10 or older has seen and/or heard MUCH worse than this from kids at school i can assure you. still i think a slap on the wrist would have sufficed in this case as opposed to a tirade. oh well, too late now.

Initially i was opposed to the coffee shop just in general. still am actually. was sure glad it sort of organized all the political krap into a more easily avoidable area though. i hate to tell you all but the jokes that are posted there have all been in circulation for at least 4 years. i delete that stuff from my inbox several times a day. on another note, who posts a chainletter anyway? i digress..

in a way i think its a good thing that people are standing up and even calling out some of the trouble makers b/c lets face it, its obvious that ignoring them isnt and wasnt working.

I'll admit i toyed with the idea of abandoning cattletoday but then i got to thinking (i know-watchout!) and i decided that i'm fed up, pist off and not going to take it anymore. i was here long before the morons and i'm not going anywhere. more later, beefy

oh yeah, i 100% agree with if you dont like a post just discard it. take it for what its worth to you. whats so hard about that?

Beefy":3c28i23f said:
oh yeah, i 100% agree with if you dont like a post just discard it. take it for what its worth to you. whats so hard about that?

Doesn't allow for 'righteous' indignation, therefore doesn't generate nearly as much attention would be my guess. But, that's just a guess.

rgv4":qul5zn4v said:
What's the big deal with the several that are leaving? Are you just threatening so that people will beg you to stay and you become the center of attention?

Your leaving because people were joking around and getting along in one of the topics. I much rather see people getting along, then, people being talked down to. If you didn't like the subject matter, don't read it.

Yet, when other's, (who shall remain nameless, but I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about) belittle people, call them names and pick and try to start fights with every post, you don't threaten to leave?

Is it because your set in your ways and don't like change? Don't like not being the center of attention? Grow up. Get a life.

I say see ya and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

This is exactly what I am tired of is people like you constantly wanting to stir up crapola and RVG4 you have done your share. Love a good debate or arguement nothing wrong with that. What you are doin is just tryin to start another fight as usual.

Good grief, people! Are we gonna have to draw up a diagram to show sides? I am still here (woopdy-doo) but don't have much to say b/c to be honest with you...this ain't that big a deal. It's blown way out of proportion and I am wondering when we can call it quits on the spittin contest! Just an idea here--but we can always go back to the old way of taking cheap shots at each other during meaningful conversation! Seems this board slows down quite a bit as the grass starts to grow and the calves get fatter--the dust will settle if we quit stompin around.

Come on RVG4 be part of the solution why start another Topic thread to keep all the garabage stirred up. Ya'll are are acting like a bunch of coyotes circling to see if there is anything left. Let it die and move on as Macon directed us to do.

Maybe Macon needs to bring back the 3 strikes rule

dun

Caustic Burno":2mu3al3e said:
Come on RVG4 be part of the solution why start another Topic thread to keep all the garabage stirred up. Ya'll are are acting like a bunch of coyotes circling to see if there is anything left. Let it die and move on as Macon directed us to do.

I agree.Let's all just shake hands and let by gones be by gones. Too many great people, wealth of information. Anyone with me???? I'll be the first to jump in.Plus, there's a lot of observers on the outside. that may be a little apprehensive on registering, that need our help and direction, but are scared to ask, when they see this going on.Lets make it a new day here on the Cattle Today Boards!!

Several solutions:

1. If it (computer message) offends ye, turn it off.
2. Kids have seen, heard much worse at school, etc., than on this board.
3. Don't take anything personally...they are just words.
4. Turn off computer, go out to pasture, look at your cattle.
5. If all else fails...just chill out and have another beer.

;-) :cboy:

The best advise I've heard on the whole deal came from BAMA. It also applies to life in general IMO

BAMA wrote
I would sum it up by saying that if you would not say it to someone in person in front of a crowd of people from differant walks of life - it would best be left unsaid.

BAMA

Pay attention folks...there is some wisdom in them there words.

Status
Not open for further replies.