Made a change

Help Support CattleToday:

haase

Reaction score
Last year I had problems with my bull and out of 12 calves they were 180 days apart,a friend of mine offered to swap out 12 hereford for my limmis, and now this group will be alot closer together. I have enjoyed my limousin cows and the folks that are involved in the breed, anyway here are some pics of the herefords.
219.jpg

218.jpg

217.jpg

215.jpg

214.jpg

212.jpg

204.jpg

197.jpg

220.jpg

haase":294hzqkw said:
Thanks Isomade, No hillsdown, thats a haysaver, its like a cone that fits inside the roundbail feeder.

Interesting, the hay savers we have here the big metal part goes on the ground and the narrow end up, that way when the cattle grab the hay it will fall back into the feeder and not on the ground. I am assuming there is a solid metal border on the bottom of your feeder as well . I have never seen the inserts before, but is a great idea so you can use your existing hay feeders.

The Herefords look good, I think you will be happy with your calves . Are they bred to a Herf bull or are you going for blk baldies ?

Yes hillsdown, the roundbale feeder is like a typicalfeeder with the solid flat steel on the bottom and the insert is shaped like a cone with the solid flatsteel on the top. They are bred back to a hereford bull, but his angus bull did get in with them so there is a chance there will be some baldies in there, my plan for this coming season is to put a angus bull with them.

good looking herefords cows. I bet you get nice looking calves out of them. How old are they?

Haase if you ever plan on selling any heifers out of those mommas you let me know, ok? Nice cows. :tiphat:

well the cows look nice......

my question is what managment changes are you going to make in order to prevent them from getting strung out in calving over time like the other cows were.

The cows were not strung out over a period of time, it happened in one season, and was a bull issue, I really don't think that I'm the only one that this has happened to or they wouldn't have guarantees on bulls.

Really can't remember waht your previous cows looked like, but I think you've done well getting these

Latest posts