lutalyse

Help Support CattleToday:

stelg

Reaction score
I HAVE 24 HEIFERS THAT ARE READY TO BREED. I WAS WANTING TO GIVE THEM A SHOT OF LUTALYSE TO BRING THEM INTO HEAT. ANY SUGGESTIONS? WHAT IS THE TIME FRAME AFTER YOU GIVE THEM A SHOT WHEN THEY WILL COME IN?

If they are going to respond , they will do it in 24- 48 hrs. Keep in mind that all will not respond. You can give the Lutalyse and breed what comes in heat , wait about 7 days after the first shot and give a shot to those that didnt come into heat and you will get most of the rest on the 2nd go around. Use 5cc per head .I would breed on visual heat , not timed breeding .

I only run one bull. How many can he service at a time? Is it best to do like 5 on the first go round?

I thought you were going to AI them . If you use a bull , I would limit the number I give Lutalyse to .you will only get about 66% response rate on the first shot of Lutalyse . So you can figure about how many to do , dont over load your bull . Rember they should all cycle in 21 days anyway . If you are going to bull breed , why bother with all that shot giving. you are still going to be lucky to get them in a group of 21 days with the shots using a bull anyway. I would just turn the bull in and be done with if it were me.

I wouldn't use lutalyse for natural service. Its way easier on the bull if they don't all come into heat at one time and the likelihood of your bull covering them all over a 21 day period is higher if you don't lutalyse them.

stelg":3ohtc7rk said:
I only run one bull. How many can he service at a time? Is it best to do like 5 on the first go round?
How many at a time??? Are you for real??? 1

Latest posts