LSU and the not so secret pay to play

Help Support CattleToday:

JWBrahman

Reaction score
We may have won the national championship but it was done in the ugliest manner possible. The season started with a scandal about Catholic charity money being used to pay parents. Then we had Odell Beckham literally handing out cash to players on the field and in the locker room.

Now this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7Sle3wB7Yd/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading

And they wonder why the younger generations don't watch or play football...

Big D-ck Joe smoking a blunt. I'm so proud to be an LSU alumnus today.

#notmyrolemodel

Reminiscent of another Joe who came from a northern state to play QB at a southern school years ago. That Joe was pretty was pretty flamboyant and went on to win a Super Bowl as I recall. Today's Joe already has the Heisman Trophy and a National Championship to his credit. It will be interesting to see what the future holds.

I'll agree that this isn't a good look for Joe or LSU.

A Johnny Manziel/Antonio Brown wannabe, but this kind of behavior is par for the course nowadays. Will probably be worse once he gets into the NFL, but looking back, Houston Oiler QBs like Ken Stabler and Dan Pastorini weren't exactly role models either.

Maybe the first time an NFL DL put's Burrow's face in the turf, he'll lose some of that pizz and vinegar..

Beckham and the cash...just seemed like he got lost in the moment, but it sure didn't look good.

This game was a little different than the usual championship game. We were playing host to the POTUS. The current and former players had an obligation to be respectful of the occasion.

We had a national championship quarterback from Texas. Guy named Matt Flynn who was and still is a class act. The kinda guy who donates his time to help poor kids and senior citizens.

Also worth mentioning, Odell garnered an arrest warrant for misdemeanor battery (reduced from sexual battery by a sympathetic judge) for grabbing a policewoman's buttocks during all his celebrating.

:lol: that's one pug ugly woman... :lol: ......

it was a slap on the policeman's butt, not a grab.

In a report filed Tuesday, the officer told the New Orleans Police Department that he "wanted to retaliate by punching the offender" but resisted the urge to punch Beckham.

The 48-year-old Superdome lieutenant was asking reveling LSU players to put out their cigars when Beckham wound up and appeared to slap his backside. The former Giants star is now facing an arrest warrant on a count of simple battery.

NOPD initially wanted to charge Beckham with misdemeanor sexual battery, which was rejected by Magistrate Court Commissioner Melvin Zeno who determined "that the elements of the crime did not rise to that of sexual battery but rather that of a simple battery."

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Reminiscent of another Joe who came from a northern state to play QB at a southern school years ago. That Joe was pretty was pretty flamboyant and went on to win a Super Bowl as I recall. Today's Joe already has the Heisman Trophy and a National Championship to his credit. It will be interesting to see what the future holds.

I'll agree that this isn't a good look for Joe or LSU.

Maybe not a good look, but I find it somewhat amusing that people are getting wound up about players openly doing what we know has been happening behind the scenes forever. The kind of athletes that you need to win the CFB playoff don't play for free.

Is the hat crude? Yes, of course. Is he 23, the Heisman winner, projected #1 and NCAA game winning QB (with a bunch of records)? Yes. Of course he's going to think he's Big D Joe! It happens. Heck, I'm surprised any of them are good human beings. We, as a society, treat them like Gods, and then get mad when they do stuff like this.

OBJ is trash. I'm disappointed he didn't get sexual battery/assault charges against him. He makes everything about him, and it's time he got his "spotlight."

Bestoutwest said:
OBJ is trash. I'm disappointed he didn't get sexual battery/assault charges against him. He makes everything about him, and it's time he got his "spotlight."
Did you see where he butted in on an interview with Coach Orgeron after the game? He's another Kanye West.

ga.prime said:
Bestoutwest said:
Did you see where he butted in on an interview with Coach Orgeron after the game? He's another Kanye West.

No, I had missed that one. He's all "Look at me! Look at me!" I would if you'd catch the stupid ball and shut-up about it.

Sexual battery ..........for slapping someone on the butt.............. in a college football locker room?
Gee....wonder how many thousands of people would have wound up in court over that just last in the last year?

(yeah I know...
political correctness
......nowadays they are supposed to get prior written permission, in triplicate, signatures witnessed by 4 people, notarized and filed with local, state and federal clerks of court at least 5 working days before date of intended butt slap)

greybeard said:
Sexual battery ..........for slapping someone on the butt.............. in a college football locker room?
Gee....wonder how many thousands of people would have wound up in court over that just last in the last year?

(yeah I know...
political correctness
......nowadays they are supposed to get prior written permission, in triplicate, signatures witnessed by 4 people, notarized and filed with local, state and federal clerks of court at least 5 working days before date of intended butt slap)

Guess I was raised in a different time. We patted people on the back. Never crossed my mind to pat another man on the a$$.

For those unfamiliar with New Orleans:

Those were not tobacco cigars, they were blunts. While marijuana is technically illegal, nobody is ever arrested for it in New Orleans. The police officer was going overboard asking them to extinguish what they were smoking.

There is always some confusion in our society over the correct time and place for certain behaviors. Coach O should have addressed how to behave in a win or a loss. There is a lot to read between the lines with the immediate departure of the two Co-Coaches in charge of offense and defense.

Latest posts