Loud Cows?

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Sarria

Reaction score
My shorthorns are so loud I can't go out side as soon as they see me they come running and mooing so loud, my neighbors have cows and you never here them? What am I doing wrong?

M.Sarria":1tz8tbyu said:
My shorthorns are so loud I can't go out side as soon as they see me they come running and mooing so loud, my neighbors have cows and you never here them? What am I doing wrong?

My guess is that they are hungry. Kind of sounds like Jurrasic Park, huh?

M.Sarria":16nqhgbq said:

What are you feeding the cattle, and how much and how often?

I would guess without knowing the situation that you are feeding them quite a bit, and everytime they see you, they associate it with dinner time.

Just like people...some are loud mouths.
We have one heifer that will wake you up in the morning if she feels that it's past time for her breakfast...you ought to hear her when she's in season. Her mother is just as bad.
We have a pasture that runs parallel to out house and the cows will gather on a hill and all moo for their groceries.
Nothing wrong, just noisy cows...or hungry cows.
DMc

My girls do the same thing. Not knowing if they were hungry or what the problem was, I asked the man that lived at the place and his answer was "They're spoiled."

They know when I come they will probably get some cubes. I fool them now!!

They will go in the corral by themselves, expecting me to bring them some treats.[/b]

I have 3 tigerstripe mommas and when their calf gets out of sight they have the loudest and longest bawl i've ever heard. Sounds like a freight train.

Cal

Glad mine are quiet, two days ago I woke up and I heard a cow mooing like crazy. knew something was wrong cause they never make noise. Sure enough it was a cow that calved a week or so ago. And I could not find the calf anywhere. I thought for sure it was dead or something.

Looked around and it had got out and was laying in a pen we use to have for a pig. Mom was looking right at her mooing non stop. Got her through the gate and all was quiet again.

Just wish I could get them dogs to shut up and quit barking unless it was important instead of at every possum or Raccoon that comes in yard at night.

WOW, good replys well here is what I feed. 10:00am I gave them 1 bale of hay grown he in toutle WA, and I pour about 16 once of molassas all over the hay. and 3 time a week I gave them some hole oats about 1 gallen for all of them and 15 acers of hay field to feed on and I have one 2 year old steer, 2 cows, one 1 year old helfer. is this to mush?? Jerastic park is right WOW!

M.Sarria":3sxx37fx said:
WOW, good replys well here is what I feed. 10:00am I gave them 1 bale of hay grown he in toutle WA, and I pour about 16 once of molassas all over the hay. and 3 time a week I gave them some hole oats about 1 gallen for all of them and 15 acers of hay field to feed on and I have one 2 year old steer, 2 cows, one 1 year old helfer. is this to mush?? Jerastic park is right WOW!

Spoiled.

Do you have any grass yet? 4 head causing all of that ruckus is definitely spoiled. They got you wrapped.

It's good to be able to call cows and have them come because they think you may have feed, but for the cows to call you because they want feed; well that says who's running the show :lol:

Sounds like those animals are DEFFINATELY spoiled!! The only time I hear our steers bellerin and won't shut up is when they're fresh from Grande Prairie (or wherever else we get them) and they're calling for their mommas and pacing the fence. This lasts only a couple of days. Or when the tractor's running and they think its feeding time (hey, there's only one moo per calf when that happens! :lol: ) One or two will moo quietly when I'm in with them and they're follerin me around after I give them some chop. Other than that they're a really quiet bunch.

M.Sarria...

Ever get those Shorthorns quieted down?

I have one who is really a loudmouth, she will bellar just because.

BTW, I am considering getting a couple of Shorthorn Heifers soon, where did you get yours?

Marty

Latest posts