Looking for new solar Charger.......

Help Support CattleToday:

Ohio Cowboy

Reaction score
Looking for a new solar charger. Cant really decided what to get. I want lots of pop and have decided to go with a 12v. Just cant decide which route to go. Do you use to all in one units like the Parmak 12 solar setup or are you just hooking it up to a battery and changing out the battery when it gets weak ? How about them units that will take 110 or 12v ? Do you hook your battery up to a soalr panel and if so do you use a charging controller? Thanks

Ohio Cowboy":1ssmmyh0 said:
Looking for a new solar charger. Cant really decided what to get. I want lots of pop and have decided to go with a 12v. Just cant decide which route to go. Do you use to all in one units like the Parmak 12 solar setup or are you just hooking it up to a battery and changing out the battery when it gets weak ? How about them units that will take 110 or 12v ? Do you hook your battery up to a soalr panel and if so do you use a charging controller? Thanks

Most of mine are parmak solars labeled for southern states love them.. I recently bought a box for a smaller pasture that was from TSC to try it out seems to be pretty good its 6v only bought it cause it was on sale. IMO cant go wrong with the parmak 12v excellent cust srvc and tech help too.. I have these

https://parmakusa.com/product/magnum-solar-pak-12/

skyhightree1":3viowde8 said:
Ohio Cowboy":3viowde8 said:

Most of mine are parmak solars labeled for southern states love them.. I recently bought a box for a smaller pasture that was from TSC to try it out seems to be pretty good its 6v only bought it cause it was on sale. IMO cant go wrong with the parmak 12v excellent cust srvc and tech help too.. I have these

Do you still get the customer service and warranty if you order on amazon????

Ohio Cowboy":19kw3q5e said:
skyhightree1":19kw3q5e said:
Ohio Cowboy":19kw3q5e said:

Do you still get the customer service and warranty if you order on amazon????

Yea they stand behind their products and they all speak great english. I bought mine from Southern States

ParMak 12 Volt Solar.Use good grounds.I have three.
It's tempting to want to cut corners and get the 6V version.If you only have a very short section and can keep it clean,you probably would be alright.The 12V can have a light load and still produce as many joules as the 6V.I try to keep mine clean but the grass regrows faster than I can get to it at times.
Another thing to not cut corners on,if you use polywire,is the diameter and numbers of strands in it.The six strand wire only carries good shock about 200 yards then starts dropping off.The nine strand will go much farther.I have never checked this but read it somewhere and it seems right.
If you are going to have it permanent or semi-permanent,use smooth wire,preferably 12.5 gauge hi tensile.The 14 and 17 gauge wires,while easier to install,will rust much sooner and lose shock.

Parmak Magnum 12 with 12 deep cycle battery and 10 watt panel with charge controller. Good system.

Only thing I would maybe change is buy a Stafix/Speedrite Unigizer as they have far more output power than any other common battery fencer. But on short runs, the Parmak fits the budget.

Latest posts