look at this horse

Help Support CattleToday:

He's long in the toe and sits low on his pasterns. Other than the fact that I don't like him much what are we supposed to be looking for. I sure don't like the way he stands. Like he's got something wrong. I just don't know what.

his back legs look kind of sprawl legged or at least the back right seems to turn out.
looks like his feet may have got hot.

Based on his work record I would be interested in him as a horse to use on my farm. Pictures can be funny creatures and more so when in hands like mine! Distortions due to angles, his color could do weird things. That hoof does look like a real low angle. Look at the front and he has shallow angles on his pasterns and wonder if it is real, if someone set that hoof angle at the same as the front so he doesn't over reach. He is represented as a very good all round using horse. If his attitude and demeanor are what they say, he isn't a halter prospect but an everyday partner to the person sitting on the saddle. Kind of like looking at my pickup and comparing it to a similar model at a car show, won't be any comparison, but mine will do the job better pulling my trailer loaded with stock out of the field.
He also looks ewe necked in the one photo, don't know if he has low withers and the saddle is back a little? In the one photo he looks like he is standing very wide based in the rear, almost spraddle legged. Looks like he ties well. For a using horse, if the confirmation isn't creating problems, especially in a gelding, I would buy and use and the devil with the looks.
Nope, don't know them or the horse, just commenting on if I were thinking of buying him.

Yes, very low, almost no heel. I also wonder what all that tack is hiding. Hard to get a good look at an animal with tack on (does appear ewe necked). Wonder if he'd pass a vet's pre-purchase exam?

He'd make a He$$ of a calf horse... With his foot angle he's halfway set on his butt before you ever rope the calf. :lol2:
I dealt with a gelding that had feet and legs like that. He'd give you everything he had until it started to hurt and then he's unload you...

Gale Seddon":1v86vsbh said:
Yes, very low, almost no heel. I also wonder what all that tack is hiding. Hard to get a good look at an animal with tack on (does appear ewe necked). Wonder if he'd pass a vet's pre-purchase exam?
I kinda was wondering if he is ewe necked also but that tack is hard to tell. Anyways, easy to be critical of a picture that doesn't tell ya much, might be a real good horse or not. The hoof angles as far as I see don't mean a whole lot.

cant gauge much off of caca pictures..he is standing strange in them all..could be a physical issue, could be something else.

Ive owned afew horses who came to be down in the heels..its not a big deal..a good farrier can get them right after afew trims of gradually taking back the toe to help build the heel.

Latest posts