Longhorn Cross

Help Support CattleToday:

ANAZAZI":pzca73rp said:
Beautyful! Can we please see a picture whre his rear end shows?

Yes, but it won't be today. I've done cashed in as we say. It's rained here all day, and I didn't have sense enough to get out of it. He has a hatchet butt.

My brother sold 3 calves yesterday at the sale barn, total weight a little less than a 1000# bringing $870 each. Crazy prices for these LH x calves.

HDRider":202bkc0g said:
My brother sold 3 calves yesterday at the sale barn, total weight a little less than a 1000# bringing $870 each. Crazy prices for these LH x calves.

Wow that's a good price right there. Were they the Limo crosses? We are starting to really start having the Charolais Longhorn crosses now. Had one this morning and 2 yesterday and a couple at the first of the week. We are unfortunately going to have late calves with our two all Longhorn/Corriente herds but I'm ready for them to start having them so we can have them running around lol.

Im loving these Longhorn crosses that's for sure.

Bigfoot":un205eax said:
They must be like Lays potato chips. I bought another one today.

That's a good looking bull there Bigfoot. My picture won't load all the way up though for some reason though. I like him if I got a Longjorn bull he would definitely look like that.

Big Cheese":1t4s8fbb said:
HDRider":1t4s8fbb said:

Wow that's a good price right there. Were they the Limo crosses? We are starting to really start having the Charolais Longhorn crosses now. Had one this morning and 2 yesterday and a couple at the first of the week. We are unfortunately going to have late calves with our two all Longhorn/Corriente herds but I'm ready for them to start having them so we can have them running around lol.

Im loving these Longhorn crosses that's for sure.
We are not sure what bull sired these calves. My brother had a very randy young Angus Brahma X

Mine jumped out of the heifer pen this afternoon, and in with my herd :( Might be hard to get back where he goes.

Took a couple of pictures this weekend between the rains. None of these is of the new calves we had this last weekend...we had 6 lol it was rolling. They were all Charolais sired calves and are beautiful. I am going to get pictures of them through the week but we are suppose to be getting rain for the next 10 days so I don't know when that is going to happen. Anyways.....here are these couple of pictures....

This one was born 2 weekends ago. Its momma was already bred when we got her and as of right now I'm saying its a Black Angus calf but I could be wrong it very possibly could be a Corriente so its up in the air.

This is an old picture I never shared. It is a Longhorn Black Balancer Cross calf and it was one of the last ones we had of this cross. Don't pay attention to the poor cow in the background. She has already been caught and worked up and is back going strong. She had a big calf on her and it pulled her down. When I took this picture it was to wet to get her up to the corral but she is taken care of now.

This is from this weekend. I thought was a good picture so I took one really quick. Those are all Charolais Longhorn cross calves except for the smallest red and white one it is a full blood Longhorn.

Thought y'all might enjoy these pictures.

Red Bull Breeder":fwvi5y0n said:
Charolais bull isn't doing a very good of covering the spots.

It worked out for us though most of the marked up ones in that pasture are heifers. Only one marked up steer as of right now. In another pasture all the heifers are solid colors and the one steer is marked up. Its going to always be a guessing game with them.

Big Cheese":1pxnvkkx said:
Red Bull Breeder":1pxnvkkx said:

It worked out for us though most of the marked up ones in that pasture are heifers. Only one marked up steer as of right now. In another pasture all the heifers are solid colors and the one steer is marked up. Its going to always be a guessing game with them.

I will say this though Red Bull. The bull in this pasture is throwing more spotted calves then the other 2 are. It could be the bull. He threw a calf out of a beef cow that had a white tail.

Big Cheese":3ar1cw3v said:
Big Cheese":3ar1cw3v said:
Red Bull Breeder":3ar1cw3v said:

I will say this though Red Bull. The bull in this pasture is throwing more spotted calves then the other 2 are. It could be the bull. He threw a calf out of a beef cow that had a white tail.
Maybe switch up the bulls?

The calves are growing really good and doing great and bulls cost $3500 lol he'll work for now. The pasture hes in has all of our beef cows in it too so it'll all work out. Even though they take a hit at the barn...i sure do like seeing those marked up calves I'm not going to lie lol they are beautiful.

Alright guys let me know what you think. I've been sharing pictures of this calf since it was about 4-5 months old and another at around 6 months old. Now its 8 months old and we are ready to wean or sell it probably going to wean it since its the only one we got at the moment ready to go to the barn. Its a Charolais Longhorn cross steer but its not out of one of our bulls. I've been told good and bad things about it but I thought I would share a finished project of what we all are wanting to do. Anyways y'all can tell me what y'all think. Good or bad...

Latest posts