Longhorn 3n1's

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herefords.US":1hxnsbda said:
Alice":1hxnsbda said:
Wewild,

From the way I read what George said, he resides at the ranch all but a few days of the week. His wife resides in the Dallas suburb and comes to the ranch on the weekends.

As for driving 130 miles oneway per day...believe it or not, there are people from this area that do that. High wages and high salaries aren't to be found in the county that George resides in...I know because Van and I reside in the same county (Van works in a different county which is a 100 mile roundtrip drive).

Anyway, It's not that unusual for people to drive into the DFW metroplex from here to work. As a side note to that, many of them carpool.

Alice

Actually, Alice, I live in Stephenville. There's really no way to get a dependable and secure high speed Internet connection at the ranch, so that necessitates me having a place in town.

I was thinking about your Mom the other day - and wondering if she'd approve of the way I presently use the English language, both content and grammar. :lol:

George

George, she loved you ag guys. I don't know if ag was your major, but if someone came from an ag background, like I know you did...well, let's just say, she was partial to them.

She'd jerk a knot in me for saying or writing something that she'd smile about when you ag guys said it or wrote it. :lol:

Alice

Herefords.US":2dt5mevc said:
Alice":2dt5mevc said:
Wewild,

From the way I read what George said, he resides at the ranch all but a few days of the week. His wife resides in the Dallas suburb and comes to the ranch on the weekends.

As for driving 130 miles oneway per day...believe it or not, there are people from this area that do that. High wages and high salaries aren't to be found in the county that George resides in...I know because Van and I reside in the same county (Van works in a different county which is a 100 mile roundtrip drive).

Anyway, It's not that unusual for people to drive into the DFW metroplex from here to work. As a side note to that, many of them carpool.

Alice

Actually, Alice, I live in Stephenville. There's really no way to get a dependable and secure high speed Internet connection at the ranch, so that necessitates me having a place in town.

I was thinking about your Mom the other day - and wondering if she'd approve of the way I presently use the English language, both content and grammar. :lol:

George

This is from a subdivision cowboy, I guess you have your pastures named Big Leaf dr or maybe Persimon Dr. Do you caddy on the golf course next to the house. A seedstock producer with no Cattle for sale what a joke.

Talk about all hat no cattle
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?fo ... code=75068

Caustic Burno":13szx4n5 said:
Herefords.US":13szx4n5 said:
Alice":13szx4n5 said:
Wewild,

Alice

George

This is from a subdivision cowboy, I guess you have your pastures named Big Leaf dr or maybe Persimon Dr. Do you caddy on the golf course next to the house. A seedstock producer with no Cattle for sale what a joke.

Caustic do you have the sack to put your address up here?

Yeah, RL, that's true. But I don't post behind an anonymous ID - or two of them! That information has been readily available for anyone to look at and ask about - and it's nothing different than what I've replied to others when asked.

I notice you still haven't answered the direct question about whether YOU, RL, have been posting here under both IDs of Caustic Burno and Campground Cattle.

Of course the last post under the CC ID was a little suspect. It also looked kinda like a self-posted board obituary as well.

Rest in peace, CC!

If you want to talk about cattle, I'll be happy to post a link to the herd sire that YOU have used for the past few years.

Let the posters here see how many cattle that YOU have registered over the past few years.

George

Herefords.US":3ojejgi7 said:
Yeah, RL, that's true. But I don't post behind an anonymous ID - or two of them! That information has been readily available for anyone to look at and ask about - and it's nothing different than what I've replied to others when asked.

I notice you still haven't answered the direct question about whether YOU, RL, have been posting here under both IDs of Caustic Burno and Campground Cattle.

Of course the last post under the CC ID was a little suspect. It also looked kinda likea self-posted board obituary as well.

Rest in peace, CC!

If you want to talk about cattle, I'll b happy to post a link to the herd sire that YOU have used for the past few years.

Let the posters here see how many cattle that YOU have registered over the past few years.

George

I don't own but four registered animals and they are bulls.

Caustic Burno":jk6c01ve said:
Herefords.US":jk6c01ve said:
Alice":jk6c01ve said:
Wewild,

Alice

George

Oh good grief, CB...what's your point here? This is where he and his wife have a home...not where his cattle are...

He lives in Stephenville during the week...that's less than 20 miles from where his cattle are.

Jeez Louise.

Alice

Herefords.US":3sett7rb said:
aplusmnt":3sett7rb said:
Herefords.US":3sett7rb said:
Funny! But you can see that I don't need to hide behind an anonymous ID. My name, address, and phone number is there for anyone to see.
:

Redcedar Drive? That sounds like one of them City Addresses. Do you get your salsa from New York City? ;-) :lol:

If you look it up on a map, You'll find that it IS a "city" address located in a booming suburb of the D-FW metroplex. Living there is next to insanity, in MNTBHO! One day, about a month ago, I got in "going home rush hour traffic" and it took me over an hour to drive 12 miles. They had a local news report about it the next week. The area has overgrown the roads in and out. Unfortunately, the wife's job necessitates that we reside there - and we're probably "stuck" there for another 5 years, at least, until she retires. I try to time my trips in there to when I'm arriiving no earlier than 10PM and leaving out no later than 5 AM because I hate sitting in traffic.

Now the ranch address - it's in a rural area 130 miles away - and I first moved there 44 years ago.

As for my salsa - I prefer Green Chili from Duran's in Albuquerque, NM.

George

Alice the other 110 miles are those miles spent making left hand turns on one way streets or something

I got all kinds of eye candy cows and I like looking at them and people like buying them, BUT I have made more returns on my money with long horns than the high dollar cows. You buy that cow for $300-$350 and cross her with a black bull or char. bull and if they dont pattern you'll get a $500-$600 calf out of her. Even if they do pattern like a longhorn that cross still brings me $450-$500 which is more than I got in the mamma's. I never had healthier and self-sustaining stock around.

I've only bought about twenty of the dang creatures over time and have caught pure he#$ from my neighbors , but they will make money(around here anyway).

Alice":3qsiqer1 said:
George's operation is the real deal.

You seen his cattle? Or just because you think your mom knew him and maybe your brother does means he is telling the truth?

aplusmnt":2msl7pgs said:
Alice":2msl7pgs said:

You seen his cattle? Or just because you think your mom knew him and maybe your brother does means he is telling the truth?

Keep that janitor's job, aplusmnt! You certainly wouldn't make it as a sleuth.

George

Herefords.US":9ltozs3k said:
aplusmnt":9ltozs3k said:
Alice":9ltozs3k said:

Keep that janitor's job, aplusmnt! You certainly wouldn't make it as a sleuth.

George

Depends doesn't it. If she says she has never seen your cattle or has no first hand information. Then I did a good job, meaning she validated your operation without really every confirming it. That would be very irresponsible of her wouldn't it?

Now if she says yes I have been to his ranch, met the guy and checked out his Herefords then she was correct in validating your operation.

Either way she answers then I did a good job sleuthing did I not? ;-)

Ps. I am just the opposite of you, I run my Janitor Business from a farm, not a farm from a city office.

aplusmnt":9ltozs3k said:
Alice":9ltozs3k said:

The quote at the bottom of all your posts is definitely not a joke

T&S Ranch":2o4ti1my said:
aplusmnt":2o4ti1my said:
Alice":2o4ti1my said:

The quote at the bottom of all your posts is definitely not a joke

Oucchhhhhh that hurt my feelings! Only thing is I will admit if I am wrong. And have a good sense of telling when others also are!

aplusmnt":1h8a301i said:
Alice":1h8a301i said:

Come on...
Most of us live in rural areas, there are many people that havnt seen my stock that know what I run....
Its good business, I like selling that freezer beef.
While also in a small town, if you are a blow hard people know pretty quick....
What town does CB live in again????

Hate to break it to you folks but, I have a website, I have slightly more than ten head of cattle and any of you are welcome to come and see them. They're here and they're for real. I feel like since I've been raised working cattle all my life that I have a little bit of cattle knowledge. I'm not saying that I know everything but I bet I know more than alot of these put ons who post on here. I like the breed of cattle that I choose to put all of my time and money into, I'm fairly knowledgable about them and I don't spend my time running down other folks or their cattle and I have a hard time figuring out why some other people seem to be such smart a$$es about this. Exactly, what is the reason for ridiculing other people and their cattle? Does this give one a rush, does it make one feel more superior or what? For you smart a$$es, please explain. I'd like to know. If these folks spend as much time with their own cattle perfecting their breeding programs or operations (if they really even have cattle) as they do trying to put someone else down they should have some outstanding herds. Help me understand what it is that makes one become this way. Thanks in advance for the enlightenment. Inquiring minds want to know.

aplusmnt":sdinwpez said:
First you are the one that tried to state that a website some how validated an experienced cattleman.

Actually, I believe it was the OTHER Longhorn breeder that said that.

But I could be wrong!

I guess ONE of us will have to admit to being wrong!

George

Herefords.US":3ni8vyat said:
aplusmnt":3ni8vyat said:
First you are the one that tried to state that a website some how validated an experienced cattleman.

Actually, I believe it was the OTHER Longhorn breeder that said that.

But I could be wrong!

I guess ONE of us will have to admit to being wrong!

George

You are correct, I caught it and tried to delete it but it would not let me! I will go edit it now!

Sorry Rustler!!!

hmmmm now it is gone and I did not delete it!

Here was the the point that I do not feel I was wrong about.

I do not want to run down any persons operation, I am last one either by knowledge, experience or head of cattle that can claim to be an expert.

This discussion started with the discussion on rather Long Horns are a serious beef producing breed. I also try to raise cattle that Caustic would not consider a profitable beef producer (club calves). But I recognize their place in the cattle industry. They are not the ideal type of cattle to produce market animals just as the Long horn probably is not.

Club calves are more of niche market producing hair and extremities as the Long Horn is a Horn and Hide producer. There is nothing wrong with admitting what their place in the world of cattle is, nor anything wrong with raising either.

Status
Not open for further replies.