long live Ram

Help Support CattleToday:

I read somewhere it was those built between 2008-2012.
Freep.com

In addition to the penalties, the order requires FCA to:

■ Offer to buy back more than half a million vehicles with defective suspension parts that could cause the vehicle to lose control. The vehicles, mainly Dodge SUV and Ram pickup trucks, were built between 2008 and 2012. The consent order does allow Fiat Chrsyler to repair and then resell the vehicles it buys back from the current owners. The automaker declined to provide an estimate on Sunday of the potential cost of its obligations beyond the civil penalties.

kenny thomas":4b8w7z5g said:
Any idea what model or size is involved?
didja open the link and miss it if so here is the excerpt from the link.

Models included in the buyback offer are certain Ram 1500s from 2009 to 2012; the Ram 1500 Mega Cab 4 by 4 from 2008; and the Ram 2500 4 by 4, 3500 4 by 4, 4500 4 by 4, and 5500 4 by 4, all from 2008 through 2012. Also part of the offer are 2009 Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango SUVs and the Dodge Dakota pickup from 2009 through 2011.

FCA's buyback list

NHTSA's consent agreement with Fiat Chrysler requires the automaker to offer to buy back the following models that are under recall:

278,229 vehicles recalled on February 6, 2013 because of a defect that may cause the axle to lock:

■ 2009 model year Chrysler Aspen

■ 2009 model year Dodge Durango

■ 2009-2012 model years Dodge Ram 1500

■ 2009-2011 model years Dodge Dakota

36,710 vehicles recalled on November 6, 2013 because of a defect that may cause the driver to lose steering power and crash:

■ 2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 4500

■ 2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 5500

265,057 vehicles recalled on November 6, 2013, to repair and replace steering linkages that may cause the driver to lose steering power and crash:

■ 2008 model year Dodge Ram 1500

■ 2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 2500

■ 2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 3500

TennesseeTuxedo":2he6o33z said:
I guess the only bright spot here is that since we're talking Dodge to begin with there really weren't that many units on the road compared to one of the major auto makers.

:lol2:

From what im seeing they are quickly overtaking ford in the commercial line. I see more dodges now than anything else in our county and on rig sites from our employees and our contractors.

I worked with a fellow that had a Toyota that was bought back because of frame rust and he got like 1 1/2 x book value out of it. He bought a lot newer Toyota and almost had enough to buy it.

Craig Miller":dxpbepvp said:
TennesseeTuxedo":dxpbepvp said:
I guess the only bright spot here is that since we're talking Dodge to begin with there really weren't that many units on the road compared to one of the major auto makers.

From what im seeing they are quickly overtaking ford in the commercial line. I see more dodges now than anything else in our county and on rig sites from our employees and our contractors.

We'll see how long that lasts. I just personally don't care for Italian cars or trucks.

TennesseeTuxedo":1wy1614g said:
Craig Miller":1wy1614g said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1wy1614g said:

We'll see how long that lasts. I just personally don't care for Italian cars or trucks.
Stop being a troll.
I personally don't like penguins but you don't see me bashing them.

Craig Miller":10t9q4ry said:

6a00d83451b3c669e201bb08145269970d-800wi

6a00d83451b3c669e201b7c78336e0970b-800wi

6a00d83451b3c669e201b7c79750dd970b-800wi

6a00d83451b3c669e201b8d1312d96970c-800wi

hurleyjd":lo0tydsi said:
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/ap-sources-fiat-chrysler-buy-back-300-000-215649585--finance.html

Any of the dodge owners on here planning to sell

Thanks for posting this Hurley! I have the 2012 Ram 1500. I wonder what they will base their buyback on? Kelly BB? NADA?

Saturday night we got back in the truck, inserted that oddball ignition key and attempted to start the engine. Nothing except the instrument panel light flickering and the system would not let me extract the key. Heard one of those larger square fuses chattering under the hood and pulled it for a few minutes and then reinserted it. For whatever reason it let me get the key out. Turned out the battery had gone dead due to being 3 years old. Barely made it home after getting it jumped. The headlights flickered the whole way back. Otherwise, the truck has been alright.

Craig Miller":2ftvh018 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2ftvh018 said:

I'm seeing a lot more Dodges than any others showing up at the stockyards and actually pulling trailers down the road these days. My family has used nothing but Ford trucks since the 1950's. In the past year my father, wife and myself have all bought Dodge pickups with the 6.7 Cummins engines. Basically it came down to the lack of trust for the diesel engines Ford has used since going away from the 7.3 Powerstroke, and their lack of offering a manual transmission in their diesel trucks currently. Ford lost three customers here, and I doubt they'll get us back.

The Dodge trucks are rather disappointing from a quality standpoint compared to a Ford, but the Cummins engine is better suited to towing than any other pickup engine I've driven. Ford has really dropped the ball in recent years, I'd like to see a market share detail on the 3/4 and 1 ton diesel segment sales for the past few years, I'd bet it reflects differently than the charts quoted above.

TennesseeTuxedo":1s7brsuo said:
Craig Miller":1s7brsuo said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1s7brsuo said:

TT all that leaves is Mexkin and Canadian trucks. :lol2: Oh unless you buy a Toyota and they're made in Texas.

My Dodge is not on the list so doesn't affect me. Never had any problems with it and I understand what they'll be paying is purchase price less depreciation so it's not like many folks will be making any real money especially when you start paying the sales tax on a replacement.

cfpinz":33y5wtas said:
The Dodge trucks are rather disappointing from a quality standpoint compared to a Ford, but the Cummins engine is better suited to towing than any other pickup engine I've driven. Ford has really dropped the ball in recent years, I'd like to see a market share detail on the 3/4 and 1 ton diesel segment sales for the past few years, I'd bet it reflects differently than the charts quoted above.

Truck sales for 2014:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2014/09/be ... -2014.html

Latest posts