Loaned a trailer out

Help Support CattleToday:

I can count the number of people I'll lend things to on my left hand and it's missing a few fingers. I can count the number of people I'm comfortable borrowing something from on the same hand and have a finger left over.
Hook, wait and see... If he's worth a shyt that post will get fixed on it's own.

Hook":7qg3dm16 said:
What's even sadder is he blamed the trailer. Said it tracks to one side. It doesn't. It's just wide and he's just a fool that can't drive with a trailer.
If he ever asks to borrow the trailer again, tell him no. It is unsafe since it tracks to one side.

Bad situation for you Hook. Sounds like you were between a rock and a hard spot from the beginning.

Probably easier to fix the post than spend 6 or 8 hours fetching the car.

Another one of those experiences you just grin and bear, shake your head if you want to and go on.

3waycross, I think he provided the auctioneer with the reciepts that the disc was his and got it back without having to pay for it... it sucks for the guy who was selling it because I'd assume he thought it was his when he bought the place

I loan out some stuff to certain people. If they borrow only cause they really never have a need for it but I know they can replace I will let them borrow it if they dont have a pot to PIZ in or a window to throw it out... NO WAY.

People that aren't used to using the equipment that they borrow are more likely to make major mistakes with it, and do some costly damage to it.
Then there are those that didn't save their money up to buy it; it was easy to borrow it, and they abuse it because it means nothing to them. They want to get things done fast.
There are some that say the equipment was junk when they borrowed it, and when it broke down, they return it busted up.

Always return what ever you borrowed in the same shape you got it. If you think it is junk, don't borrow it. If the repair is worth you borrowing, then fix it. It was much cheaper than buying your own if you needed it for a big job.

I just don't borrow things. I had a man borrow a Gooseneck trailer because he had cattle and didn't have a trailer. Imagine that. He borrowed everything when he needed to do anything. So he asks for the trailer because he wanted to move several, and he isn't used to pulling a longer trailer.
He pulls it to his house, and starts to pull in the drive, does not look in his mirror, and makes a real wide swing into the other lane and a car comes around him and hits the trailer. He calls and says, "I hope you have good insurance!" :mad:
It didn't mess up the trailer but it did several thousand dollars worth of damage to the girls car. I was so mad at what happened, that I don't think I know what actually happened in the end. What a good friend!!! He always comes running to borrow something because he is too cheap to buy it. He has asked for the Ditchwitch, and I will call him personally before he gets that.
He asked us to ride with him almost 100 miles one way to look at some heifers he wanted to buy. We rode with him and helped him pick out his heifers,then started back home. It took the entire day and we stopped to eat. When we went through the line he went first, got out his billfold, paid for his burger and his wife's and stuck it back in his pocket. We had to pay for our own after riding and walking all day picking the heifers for him. It was less than $15.00 for ours. I was embarrassed for him and if I were his wife, I would have thrown a fit, and slid under the table. We could afford our meal no doubt, but it was the principal.

Hook I need to borrow that smoker can you bring it to me? just make sure it has wood in it and I promise I will not abuse it and when I'm done I will meet you half way because that's the right thing to do.

M5farm":3jrohua5 said:
Hook I need to borrow that smoker can you bring it to me? just make sure it has wood in it and I promise I will not abuse it and when I'm done I will meet you half way because that's the right thing to do.
Only if you bring it back sandblasted and painted up

Here's the fender

I loaned my little tractor to a friend down the road Friday night. Told I needed it back Sunday, have yet to see it. This is typical behavior for this fellow but he just such a nice guy that is forever helping other people that I feel sorry for him. On the positive side, I know that if he breaks it, he will fix it.

We have an old, dear friend who apparently has a lot of other friends with crappy cars. He is constantly borrowing our tow dolly to move a broken car for someone. On the rare occasion we need to use it ourselves, we usually have to go to his house to get it! He has put a lot of wear and tear on it, but by golly the last time we saw the tow dolly, it had new tires on it, bought by him. Him or our son are about the only ones who we will let borrow stuff. And I hate to borrow stuff from someone else, seems like if you are going to have a stupid moment or just some bad luck, it happens with something you have borrowed.

M5farm":3ns2pt5x said:
I need it to but could you but some bacon in it before you leave so it will be ready when you get here? Thanks Bud.

Jed since its going to this close, can I borrow your borrowed smoker? Don't worry none hook, I won't loan it out to nobody, and you won't have to recover it at Dan's Pawn & Gun, home of the original Obama presidential library

Ouachita":3hq2dgwb said:
Jed since its going to this close, can I borrow your borrowed smoker? Don't worry none hook, I won't loan it out to nobody, and you won't have to recover it at Dan's Pawn & Gun, home of the original Obama presidential library
I'll leave it up at red bulls for you. He needs it for a few days.

Latest posts