Loaned a trailer out

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":jhgwv7up said:
Ouachita":jhgwv7up said:
Jed since its going to this close, can I borrow your borrowed smoker? Don't worry none hook, I won't loan it out to nobody, and you won't have to recover it at Dan's Pawn & Gun, home of the original Obama presidential library
I'll leave it up at red bulls for you. He needs it for a few days.
That's fine. I'll pick it up there. I need to restock anyway

Well, I have to admit . . . we do loan equipment. A disc; a 2-bottom plow; some storage space in one of the barns. But that usually works into quid pro quo with those folks coming out to help us now and then w/ fencing, or running critters through the chute for things you have to run critters through a chute for; or the neighbor that helped me pull 2 calves last year. I don't really consider that "loaning." We've met some nice young people over the last 2 years just getting their operations set up and with small kids, and maybe a stay-at-home mom. They have a few head of cattle but no handling system to work them yet. Our alleys are adjustable, and we have easy in/out from 2 different places. They can bring them here -- don't want any 1,000 lb. crazies, but if they need to vaccinate or castrate or brand/ear-tag calves, or AI a few head of cows (and they sign a waiver(s), bring some help, fix anything that gets busted), they can. In and out; no boarding. Maybe that's not smart for us to do, but it seems the neighborly thing to do.

Hook":fxzaejic said:
M5farm":fxzaejic said:
Hook I need to borrow that smoker can you bring it to me? just make sure it has wood in it and I promise I will not abuse it and when I'm done I will meet you half way because that's the right thing to do.
Only if you bring it back sandblasted and painted up

Here's the fender

Did they rust it up on you too? j/k, I know there's nothing like a trailer for rust!... I bought a BRAND NEW trailer december 2012, it was rusty the morning after I got it home! Do not buy HAULRITE trailers!... All the wiring was clip together, so that summer I redid it all with solder, grease, and heat shrink... tail lights broke and fell off... without hitting anything, so I made boxes for them and used 4" round rubber grommet mount lights... Backed into a post a while back getting real close to the loading chute, and it moved the trailer over and didn't do any damage to the light.. Now why didn't they do that from the factory!... Liscence plate holder was just begging to break, cheap chincy piece of crud.. so I made one out of conveyor belting.. problem solved there too... Stake pockets were welded offest on the left compared to the right side, fixed that too., trailer brake wires were crimped so hard it cut some of the wires (and I was wondering why they didn't do much). NEXT TIME I'm building my own!

wow..thanks for not sending them my way...all my trlrs are broke down..yeah..and need tires too...and most of the lights dont work either

This isn't a borrow/break story so to speak...

But we have a rinky dink car lot close by that has (2) 25+5 dual tandem flatbed trailers they rent for $45/day. Yes only $45.

Last time I went to rent it I was told I couldn't because it was being repaired. Guy said they rented it to someone who tried to haul a big dozer on it (maybe a d6 cat) and broke one of the rear axles. Apparently the people just brought it back damaged and left it. This place doesn't even make you sign anything, just put cash in a box on the porch of the "dealership". Sad deal, people have no respect for other peoples property.

Calhoun Farm":gbbqk6id said:
This place doesn't even make you sign anything, just put cash in a box on the porch of the "dealership". Sad deal, people have no respect for other peoples property.

I bet that policy will change after a few repair bills.

This is our problem to. Everyone wants to borrow our trailers and tractor and my husbands tools. Last time we loaned out our tractor it broke down. We've been mucking out the barn by hand ever since!! Ugh not fun. Oh well my husband loves helping out others. Just wish he wouldn't loan out our equipment.

Latest posts