Loading/hauling 4 wheeler on Cannonball bed

Help Support CattleToday:

stocky

Reaction score
Anyone seen any real good way of loading and hauling a 4 wheeler on a Cannonball bed? Probably be the same on a Dew-Eze bed. I have seen some people putting a chain on the front rack and a chain on the back rack and hooking each chain to one of the bed arms, then lifting and the chain is supposed to rotate and keep the 4 wheeler upright while it lifts it onto the bed for transport. Unloads the same way. This seems awfully hard on the rack and it seems possible the 4 wheeler might not stay upright and you could bust up your 4 wheeler. Has anyone seen a good way or a good invention to do it? I guess it would work to use the Reese hitch with a carryall like people do with their disabled carts. Saw a couple of inventions that won't work to satisfaction. The ways I have seen people lift them with the arms are kind of scary, so I thought I would see if anyone has a good way to do it.
Thanks

I'm not sure how good your racks are but if you run a rope on each side it won't spin. Go from the arm to the front rack, to the back rack, to the other arm, on the left side. Then the same down the right side. That and being tied high will keep it from spinning.

I seen a guy who built a frame out of square tubing rode 4 wheeler on to it strapped it to it and the frame had a chain attached to each corner on each side and he hooked them to his arms and picked the 4 wheeler frame and all up on his truck it worked really well

the frame was just a rectangle with 2 extra pieces of square tubing about 10 or 12 inched back from the ends for the tires to sit in

Thanks, guys. Saltbranch, thanks for the video, that helps alot. Temporarily, I have taken a length of chain and ran through the rack on the front and over the arm of the lift, then another chain through the rack on the back and over the other arm of the lift. It lifts the 4 wheeler and spins on the arm, so the 4 wheeler stays upright and it loads facing the side of the bed, as opposed to facing the bed like in the video. This works fine, but if I were going to haul it more often, I would want the sling or the rack. Yes, I love the Cannonball bed. It has really done a fantastic job. Thanks, again

Latest posts